Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my very first gun ever in my life an xdm compact 9mm april 5th so ive been shooting for 21 days been to the range about 7 times now....
on 4-20 i got the courage to put the target all the way back to the 25 yard limit
i went back on 4-25 and 4-26 all 25 yards 25 shots...

ive posted picks of my groups and my progress..i have learnd everything on my own and by watching this short video on gun tips by todd jarret....
i have worked on my grip, finger placement on trigger.. stance...just like mr jarret said... ineed some one to looks at these groups and my progress and
well my goal is to hit all 25 shots in red from 25..
what more can i do...any advice or tips on getting good groups... thank you
forgive my ignorance i am new and want to be the best i can..
thanks
raul

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
First off start at 7 yards once you can group your shots at 7 yards in let's say 5 shots into a 2 or 3 inch group move back to 15 yards group 5 shots into 3 inch groups them move back to 20 then move back to 25. Use snap caps intermixed in with live rounds to track down finches, jerks or pushes.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
When you can see the "fire" coming from the end of your barrel each and everytime the trigger is pulled. You will know that your on the right path. :D

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Choose a different target too. The design on that one is teaching you to gut shoot the BG. The vital organs are above the zero on it. Any training is what you will do under stress, make sure to do it right.

·
Registered
64 Posts
all I can say is keep doing what your doing as you get more and more comfortable the shots placement will be there I can see the difference already in the days out at the range on the targets i never shot at big targets like that. I always used a 8x11" paper ones with the circles and also the smaller circles with 3 in circles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts