Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the pretty simple question. When loading 29 round mags for a XDM 5.25 9 mm -- can you load a variety of 9mm bullets into the cartridge together? For example, all 9 mm 115 gr but 10 from AE, 5 from Remington and 4 from Blazer; of even 19 9 mm AE 115 grain and switching to 9 Win 124 grain cartridges? Since all are compatible with the XDM, I assume you can have a variety of compatible bullets in the mag for loading into the pistol.

Sorry to waste your time with such a simple question.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yes you can mix ammo in a magazine, as long as its ammo the gun is intended to shoot (which is obvious lol). So stack away, fmj, HP and back to fmj and one from every brand. Will be fine.

It will however likely not group very well if you are going for accuracy because they will be loaded different from each other.

Also, not trying to nitpick but you called the magazine a cartridge in the actual post lol, at first it sounded like you meant loading more than one bullet inside one casing.

Stay safe and have fun, and Thank YOU for asking something you honestly weren't sure about. Thats how you get to keep all your body parts :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
If they're all 9mm then you're good. Like the other person said, it won't group quite right. Different weights and powder loads can shoot in very different places.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. And sorry about the misuse of cartridge/magazine. I knew the difference, I think <g>.

I haven't mixed within magazines yet, but have tried several difference brands of ammunition in back to back magazines. I am afraid I still need more practice to get to the point where it might make a difference. I put 200 rnds through my XDM last week, and am heading out this week with the intention of being consistent with ammo and technique, and hopefully improve on accuracy. Lessons are on the way too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts