1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Bushnell Trophy 1x28 Rifle scope Matte 4 Dial-In Electronic - Green Dot for low light, Red Dot sight for bright light 730135 FREE S&H 730135. Bushnell Trophy Red Dot Sights, Bushnell Red Dot Sights.

thats the link for the scope..

ok my real question is..

what are the sizes of the mount that i need to buy for this thing??
cuz the scope mounts that came with it are flimsy and garbage...

NEED RESPONSE ASAP!
No one can help you since you didn't say what you want to mount it on!

don

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
No one can help you since you didn't say what you want to mount it on!

don
but we can teach him. ok you need rings that their base matches your rifle. picatanny rail, or to screw holes whatever you have. then your link doesn't say the tube size considering the front is 28mm I'd assume you need 30mm rings but I'm going to look it up. imo you get what you pay for in scope rings, but does that scope with its accuracy justify 150 dollar rings? no it doesn't. assuming those mounted its a picatanny rail btw.
So imo take it in to a gunstore, say you need to see if 30mm scope rings for a picatanny rail will fit it, they should imo spend 30-45 bucks should do it assuming your not putting it on a huge recoiling gun. i'm assuming 556 here.

please understand this is no sniper scope here, they don't even bother posting tube size due to most wouldn't feel its justified to replace the rings on this green dot.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
but we can teach him. ok you need rings that their base matches your rifle. picatanny rail, or to screw holes whatever you have. then your link doesn't say the tube size considering the front is 28mm I'd assume you need 30mm rings but I'm going to look it up. imo you get what you pay for in scope rings, but does that scope with its accuracy justify 150 dollar rings? no it doesn't. assuming those mounted its a picatanny rail btw.
So imo take it in to a gunstore, say you need to see if 30mm scope rings for a picatanny rail will fit it, they should imo spend 30-45 bucks should do it assuming your not putting it on a huge recoiling gun. i'm assuming 556 here.

please understand this is no sniper scope here, they don't even bother posting tube size due to most wouldn't feel its justified to replace the rings on this green dot.
Why are you assuming he wants to mount it on a rifle?
You just gave him lots of useless info if he wants to put it on a pistol!

don

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Why are you assuming he wants to mount it on a rifle?
You just gave him lots of useless info if he wants to put it on a pistol!

don
1 i said it for a rifle
2 the version he posted up had the rings for a rifle, and he said they were flimsy/garbage not the wrong ones. so its a safe enough assumption with the explanation i gave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts