Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks! Just wanted to say hi. I've been a lurker here for a very long time. Basically, ever since I bought my XDM 45 over three years ago. Now that I've also acquired an XDS 45, I figured it's about time to join up since I know I'll be utilizing the forum even more now. I never really carried my XDM due to the size, so the carry gun naturally became my G19 until I picked up the XDS. I absolutely love my XDS and the concealability of it, especially during the summer where the G19 tends to print a little more due to the double-stack. Since it's my daily carry gun, I've "blinged" it up a little bit with talon grips, a Pearce grip extension and did some color filling on the engravings. I can honestly thank my time here as a lurker for all the great info I received to aid in my accessorizing. Now I'm happy I can be a contributing member and will continue to learn more about Springfield's awesome products from all you great folks. Glad to be a part of the forum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio! I was stationed up at Hill AFB. Beautiful state.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! I'm extremely grateful I smartened up in 2011 to move away from destroy "the constitution state" of CT. I surely don't miss it and it's great living in a state that actually protects the constitution. I would have been just another sheep if I stayed there. Always wanted my concealed permit in CT, but didn't want to jump through all the hoops... Not to mention all the things that have changed there in just the 3 years since I've deserted. I grew up around guns and appreciated them, since my dad worked for Colt, but didn't gain the true affinity for them until I moved out here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from salt lake!

Might be moving to SLC shortly if I get an offer to work as an RN at the University Hospital in the ER. Working in Brigham right now and it's way too small of a town for me haha.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from California, moving to Utah soon!

I'm sure you'll love it and it's an extremely smart decision on your part! I just finished up a job in Chico which was a real breath of fresh air since there were a lot of gun-loving folks up there and a vast disconnect from SoCal and the Bay Area.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arizona!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Premium Member
127,992 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia. I am also from CT originally but have been living in Georgia for 35 years now. Still have family back north and go back to visit but that's all.

·
Premium Member
24,257 Posts
hello from ohio

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome from Boise Idaho. I spend a lot of time down there and am always looking for good places to shoot. Give impact guns in Ogden a try. I stop every time I drive down.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the club from NE Ohio.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome from Boise Idaho. I spend a lot of time down there and am always looking for good places to shoot. Give impact guns in Ogden a try. I stop every time I drive down.

I've spent a lot of range time and money at Impact haha! One of my favorite indoor ranges/shops in Utah. I wish the one in Boise had as much stock as the Ogden one. I worked in Twin Falls on a contract and spent a fair amount of time in Boise. Made sure to stop in at Impact and Cabela's up there every time I was in town. I usually visit Impact in Ogden at least once a week when I'm working in Northern Utah. In fact, I just happened to mosey in when they had the XDS range days last month and was happy I was able to shoot it before I committed. I ended up shooting the 9mm there since they didn't have the .45 to try and purchased the .45 a week later. I'll probably pick up the 9mm XDS at some point as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to the forum from Georgia. I am also from CT originally but have been living in Georgia for 35 years now. Still have family back north and go back to visit but that's all.

Yup, that's the only reason I visit as well. If it weren't for all my family and friends there (and the food), I don't think I'd ever even visit. It wouldn't be hard to boycott the state completely if it weren't for all my people back there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts