Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range yesterday and put 100 rounds of blazer through my xd9 tactical. That will make it 400 rounds total ive put through the gun. The hulls were trailing from less than a foot away from where i was standing to about 7 feet away with the majority of them being about 3 feet away.

Should they be more consistent? Also what is the normal distance you experience with ejection distance?

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
857 Posts
My XD45C shoot casing wherever it pleases. May be consistent for a few and then one goes flying the complete other way.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My XD9 throws them all over the place.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Mine usually throws brass very high, to the right, and very slightly behind me. Brass usually lands about 3 feet away, which is nice when I'm outside, but I have a problem when at a range that I go to frequently. The brass goes up and over the divider between lanes and lands on the person using the lane to my right. I'm afraid someone is going to get irritated enough to shoot me one of these days, so I generally won't fire the XD if there is someone to my right. Is this something that can be changed by modifying the ejector?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the Forum! with the original spring and guide they went all over the place, but when i switched to a new guide rod and 22# spring in my XD40 ejection became more consistent flying high and about 3 feet to my right @ a 5 o'clock... but also a big factor is your wrist and grip being consistent on the gun.

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
Ow, my forehead.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
LOL...when I saw the title of the thread I thought you wanted to kick someone out...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. It's nice to have a question and be able to go get an answer from people with actual experience in the situation.

·
Registered
408 Posts
if theyre going all over the place it might be due to slight inconsistencies in your grip/hold.
i noticed this when i first started shooting mine and it got more consistent with my grip improving

·
Registered
855 Posts
Ow, my forehead.
LOL!

During my visit to my usual indoor range a couple weeks ago, the brass from the gun in the stall to my left kept coming over the well and hitting me. I normally don't care but it got to be very annoying. I think he was 1/2 a step too far forward in his stall, so when his brass ejected mostly sideways and perhaps a bit rearward, it came right at me.

I think what made it worse was that I was helping my wife, who was shooting a handgun (my Walther P22) for the very first time in her life. She didn't need any more pressure on her at that moment, and getting hit with someone else's brass just frazzled her a bit more!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
LOL!

During my visit to my usual indoor range a couple weeks ago, the brass from the gun in the stall to my left kept coming over the well and hitting me. I normally don't care but it got to be very annoying. I think he was 1/2 a step too far forward in his stall, so when his brass ejected mostly sideways and perhaps a bit rearward, it came right at me.

I think what made it worse was that I was helping my wife, who was shooting a handgun (my Walther P22) for the very first time in her life. She didn't need any more pressure on her at that moment, and getting hit with someone else's brass just frazzled her a bit more!
Sorry about that! But, seriously, I'm tall and have long arms. My XD is particularly bad about launching brass next door. I had an instructor teaching an older lady next to me and I didn't mind switching lanes. It was freaking her out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My XD45C ejects my brass 10 to 15 feet to my right. I've never noticed how high it goes but I've noticed the brass that distance away when I'm picking it up.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
It's completely normal. Some of my guns fling brass randomly everywhere, and some seem like they fall into the exact same spot over and over. Anyone who's been through army or marine training can tell you about how very randomly m16 brass flies all over the place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts