Springfield XD Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1320 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Glock 19 with Shadow Systems slide. Waiting on my RMR to show up for it next week.

Reactions: ifithitu

·
Registered
39 Posts

Reactions: BassCliff

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi,

I forgot to show off Mrs. BassCliff's new pistol here.

Our daughter will be getting a 4.75" Rough Rider .22 combo for Christmas. Stay tuned. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: ZanderMan

·
Registered
60 Posts

My first full-sized 1911. My first double-stacked 1911. My first 10mm.

I was initially looking for a Glock 20 or 29, but then remembered what happened when I bought a Glock 22. I'd previously shot .40cal from all-metal guns and never had issues, but when I shot from the Glock 22, it was like a fish in my hands. Although the G20 and G29 are heavier than a G22, I changed up and started looking for all-metal 10mms and settled on the Rock Ultra HC since I've had good experiences with RIA (I've two other RIA 1911s).

This is an awesome handgun. While I haven't shot hot ammo from it yet, there's no snap at ALL with this handgun, probably due to the weight (almost 3 lb with a full mag) and the super-stout recoil spring. No one else in the family will be able to rack this handgun.

This is not a safe queen 1911. Aesthetically, it is not to the level of a Dan Wesson or even a Kimber, but it's tuned where necessary for functionality.

I just need to keep hunting for cheap ammo (that shoots well). I can sometimes find some that is .60/round but the majority of it is $1+/round.

·
Premium Member
18,036 Posts
@DubbleURX, that is an awesome 10mm. Had one for a good while and loved shooting it and the 10mm.

Eventually through a couple trades ended up with the RIA in 9mm/.22TCM which is also a hoot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
@DubbleURX, that is an awesome 10mm. Had one for a good while and loved shooting it and the 10mm.

Eventually through a couple trades ended up with the RIA in 9mm/.22TCM which is also a hoot.
Yeah man, this gun is a beast.

I've the RIA in 9mm/22TCM as well (single-stacked, railed and mid-sized). I also have the non-railed 9mm variant (single-stacked and mid-sized). They're great handguns.

·
Premium Member
18,036 Posts
Yeah man, this gun is a beast.

I've the RIA in 9mm/22TCM as well (single-stacked, railed and mid-sized). I also have the non-railed 9mm variant (single-stacked and mid-sized). They're great handguns.
Yeah, kinda wish my .22TCM was single stack but I wasn’t gonna pass this thing up.

1301 - 1320 of 1320 Posts