Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been reading that Beretta 92 and S&W 59 magazines can be made to work in the XD or the XDm by cutting out a mag release notch. For those guys who have had these non-XD mags work for them, could you tell me which Beretta 92 or S&W 59 magazine fits?

I'm guessing what matters is mainly the magazine capacity, because this affects the distance from the feedlips to the baseplate, which is supposed to stay outside of the grip.

Appreciate any help. If you know someone else who is using non-XD mags in his XD, pointers as to which gun forum he hangs out would be appreciated too!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Im not sure which magazine from another manufacturer would be compatible with the XD with minor modifications like what you stated

I know Mec-Gar makes an 18 high cap for 9mm and 13 high cap for .40

Springfield is having a 30% online sale right now... just bought a couple of magazines for $20 a piece... just wanted to share

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Why?

You can get 16 round .40 cal XDm mags from springfield for $23.80 with the current sale.

I am a cheap sob, but no so cheap as to cobble up a mag substitution to save, what... a buck?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Much appreciate the input, but I already picked up 4 magazines during the sale :) Just have someone offer me a bunch of magazines he isn't using and I don't want to look too greedy ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts