Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my XD9 Servicea apart using the instructions provided by Ajamesp51. I stripped it down completely except for the extractor. I couldn't get the thing to move at all. So I left it. Putting it back together was a little more difficult. It took a few tries but I think I got it.

Here is my question. I put it all back together and everything seemed to function normally. I haven't actually fired a round yet. However, when I shook the pistol I heard something moving around. I took the slide off and it was the Striker safety lever moving freely. It was attached by a pin, but it moves up and down. Is this normal?

Shake your pistol and let me know if you hear the same sound.

thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
As you suspect, the rattling noise is not normal. Neither of my XD40 service models rattle when shaken. Unfortuanately, I don't know what might be causing your trouble. Sorry.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to take it apart again. I suspect you are right regarding the spring. Thank you for shaking your guns. haha I can just picture you guys shaking your guns in the air. Thanks again.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the exploded view on the Springfield manual, I think I installed the Striker Safety Lever upside down. I am going to look at it when I get home.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stopped in to the local gun shop and they let me field strip a new XD and I took a peek at the internals to make sure I did it right. I took mine apart and rebuilt it again, but the noise is still there. It is the Ejector and the Striker Safety Lever that is making the noise. They sit kind of loose in there with a small amount of play.

Well I took it to the range and the gun shot perfectly. No FTF's or FTE's and I was hitting the target in very small groups.

If you take the slide off of your XD's can you move the Ejector around? Try moving the Striker Safety Lever also? Do they move? Please help me with my paranoia. It is page 15 on this PDF.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/Manuals/XDManual.pdf

By the way, it makes the noise when I shake the gun from side to side. Like a small ticking noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts