noise suppressor and self defense? | Page 6 | Springfield XD Forum

noise suppressor and self defense?

Discussion in 'NFA Talk' started by Groo, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Apr 14, 2019 #51
    Powerman

Powerman XDTalk 15K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +5,028 / 113
    No, I'm not assuming the worst... And I'm not assuming unicorns and rainbows. Guns are not the ultimate Trump card and guarantee success. They are simply another option available. And the point of weighing pros and cons is to come up with a plan that works for you. What ever the cons are, then mitigate them best you can.

So you weight the most reasonable outcome of use of deadly force is to be locked up because a crap lawyer... Judged by 12 instead of carried by 6...well that's unacceptable to me... So if I ever did, it would be my last option, and then I would make sure it's defendable with competent representation... It's pretty simple. You are not a victim. You are in control of a crap ton of actions that will increase your chances of a favorable outcome.

If you are so worried about loosing your liberty or your life... I suggest you start looking into less than lethal options... Stun guns, pepper spray, and rape whistles. Train to fight with edged weapons. Me going to jail for significant time and bankrupting my family and destroying their future is an unacceptable outcome for me. That's just me... Heck, if I die, my family's future is set... So what is the best outcome for all... That's how you deal with risks.