Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Springfield Armory about some parts I needed ordered. Well SA has once again changed their policy, no parts not even non critical parts will no longer be sold to anyone. I would like to personally thank the yahoo who ruined this for all of the rest of us....thanks. And for those who had parts ordered from me give me a sec and you will all be issued refunds. I know there was another post about this but I figured I would re post any way so its fresh.

Oh this polocy has changed before so probably in time we will get the pipeline of parts back again.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Time for an email campaign. Allowing only factory replacement is stupid. A truly GREAT way to encourate purchase of your handguns.... restrict parts availibility. Need good aftermarket suppliers, now.....

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Well, ****. Let me know if you need another e-mail to SFA on this. I'll be damned if I'm going to ship them a gun everytime some little part goes kaput... and this might me all the excuse i need to go back to Sigs.

·
Registered
437 Posts
invssgt said:
Well, ****. Let me know if you need another e-mail to SFA on this. I'll be damned if I'm going to ship them a gun everytime some little part goes kaput... and this might me all the excuse i need to go back to Sigs.
Sig is now restricting their commercial sales temporarily because of the demands of LE in the Gulf states. :(

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yeah, uh, this is unacceptable. What the hell happened?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
?? WTF? Who's the yahoo that ruined it for us? Does this include stuff like the recoil assembly for the XDSC? Regardless, springfield is going to get an email from me.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
****, Springfield refused to send me recoil assemblies BEFORE this happened.

This really sucks. What if we just need something like the grip safety spring, or a firing pin spring? Or a roll pin?

What the ****? And who the **** did this to us?

I'm with invssgt. This might just be the straw that made the donkey start carrying Glocks instead.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's a sad fact that they trust you to ante up the money for the purchase,yet don't trust you to perform the simplest of repairs/mods??? Oh well.....the Glock o.e.m. 3.5 connectors are getting yanked as well. Luckily I'm fairly stocked on these. The Glocks are far more simple to work on,and aftermarket parts are in abundance. :wink:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oh, and the Glock is without a doubt, the superior choice anyway. Glock trusts their design to withstand the fullhouse 10mm as well.....the same cannot be said of the croation rust-o-matic. :wink:

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
masterofg3 said:
Oh, and the Glock is without a doubt, the superior choice anyway. Glock trusts their design to withstand the fullhouse 10mm as well.....the same cannot be said of the croation rust-o-matic. :wink:
Speaking of which, I want to go a different finish on the new XD40 i just purchased. Anyone know what the hell "Metallife" is and if its any good?

Is it worth waiting for Black T to be done?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
If SA refuses to send parts to people even for warranty replacement, that'll be the last time I contact or patronize them.

With enough rounds, I could get used to a Glock. It makes me sad to say that too.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
that angers me. Maybe the Para-Ord CCO with LDA trigger isn't such a bad idea after all...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Metalife is excellent. Several years ago I had Ron Mahovsky(the owner), Metalife a CZ-75 frame for me and his work is excellent. The finish has a satin silver/grayish/bluish look to it. It's nearly impossible to wear out and he guarantees it. I suspect he may not accept XD's, if what I've suspected all along is true. Call metalife and ask for Ron(I've spoken with him),then ask him what he thinks of the quality of the steel on the HS/XD pistols. He told me once that he wouldnt Metalife a Sigma's slide for me because it was "pot metal". I suspect this will explain all of the rust issues with the XD as well. Then again, I could be wrong. My opinion as per Springfields making parts un-available is simply that this will(in effect) make you ,the buyer.....pay more.....to help counter the overhead cost of having to re-finish an alarming % of XD's. Take comfort in the fact that there was a superior design(with a superior finish),long before the XD/HS 2000 came along 8)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
ampleworks said:
If SA refuses to send parts to people even for warranty replacement, that'll be the last time I contact or patronize them.

With enough rounds, I could get used to a Glock. It makes me sad to say that too.
loonybin said:
that angers me. Maybe the Para-Ord CCO with LDA trigger isn't such a bad idea after all...

Yeah, what you guys said.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Like everything in this business, it is a liability thing. It is my understanding that SA is going to sell parts to folks who complete their "armorers" course. Today, it is available to LE only. In the near term, they are going to open it up to the public (gunsmiths, dealers, etc.).

I know this doesn't help anyone or anything at this moment. Hopefully, the policy is short lived.

·
Registered
56 Posts
come on guys... :( you heard ajames.. they'll probly change the policy again.. and also.. this has got to be a different set of guys on this thread.. what happened to the die hard xd-ers.. the ones that stood by this gun for everything... and not jumping down that damned :evil: masterog or whatever his name is...with his post for being the troll that he his.. :evil: always plugging that 10mm round. :evil: :evil: :evil: . I MISS THE OLD FORUM!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As far as roll pins thats not a problem, last week I got 500 of them. As old school said liability sucks, and as I said remember this parts policy has changed several times.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Time for a new gun I think. I saw a sale flyer from Olde English Outfitters with sale on SA 1911s just this past weekend. Try and restrict part sales for a 1911! I have to buy the non ILS parts somewhere else anyway, so why mess with SA parts and service?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
canter6 said:
masterog or whatever his name is...with his post for being the troll that he his.. :evil: always plugging that 10mm round. :evil: :evil: :evil: . I MISS THE OLD FORUM!!!!!!
Every forum needs it's resident troll. He's ours.

I guess he didn't see the chart of "one stop" shootings in which his beloved 10mm didn't fare very well at all. Nor was it used much...apparently it isn't a big favorite of law enforcement.

As for the SA policy, as Old School and AJames both imply, things change.

One thing about having a gun as reliable as the XD is that it should impact very few of us and very infrequently. If I have to send my XD back to Springfield for service once every few years, I guess I could live with that. Certainly I would expect that if they keep this policy in force, if one small part fails, it would be in their best interest to replace any other parts that may be prone to failure after prolonged usage. I am sure they don't want the same gun coming back repeatedly.

If this is purely a liability issue and if it is not resolved in another fashion, it would be a safe bet that this would be an industry wide policy and it would not make one bit of difference which brand of gun you have.

As for aftermarket parts, they will probably become as common for the XD as for most other guns. A lot of XDs are being sold. There is no reason to believe this trend will not go on as the XD continues to get very good reviews and holds a very high degree of customer satisfaction.

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
masterofg3 said:

What a Troll.
Do you even own a XD?

Just Go away.

Cannot wait for Springfield to change their minds again!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts