Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well mike tried to warn me but I just wouldn't listen

While deciding between the arms aimpoint mount and the adm mount I thought I would do some research on arfcom while I was able to find a ton of good info about the arms there was very little there about the ADM mount. But apparently requesting information from actual End Users of this product I'd considered trolling. And like mike said would happen all the LaRue or nothing guys came in with their inane comments and craped all over it with their why buy anything but LaRue. While I tried to be polite and reiterate that I already had the information that I wanted about that product the real trolls showed up slinging their pointless pysco babble BS and hurling their insults

What I found most amazing were the "get the facts" "get a clue" comments when that's all I was trying to do

I also find it totally amazing how one person can ask a question and someone else can come in derail the topic, hurl insult call names and in general act like a 5 yr old then say someone else is the troll

I could see if I was trying to compare a 12 airsoft mount with their beloved larue mounts but the fact is I didn't want any comparison I just wanted to know actual end users of ADM mounts thought of them

So for me I think I an done with the general discussion sections of arfcom I will be sticking to the DIY and EE sections over there

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Do you have a link to the conversation?

·
Registered
141 Posts
And don't forget...until you have about a 'million' posts you are still just a stupid, low post count, know nothing newbie in their eyes!!!!:rolleyes:

Geesh!!!!!

It can be fun to read thru all the pi$$ing contests though!

Oh wait...go suggest shooting .22LR thru your .223 supressor and see what happens!!!!!! WoooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!! That really gets them going!:shock:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yep, there are some Class A tool bags over there. Many many gun snobs. However, there is some good info from time to time and a few good folks.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Sorry to hear man, I seen your post. Didnt post anything since I did not have anything of value to add to your request.

I agree, there is a lot of "this or that or just go home" at ARF. But I still like the outdoor forums. The survival and food forums are my favorite there.

Again sorry I couldnt help you answer your question

Link to said post AR15.COM :: Forums :: American defence MFG

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yeah, T.J....that is pretty bad. Other than some of the industry forums with direct links to the mfgs, and the EE, I have all but quit viewing or posting anywhere else on ARFCOM. I still use some of the DIY and other general info posted there...but not so much the forums. When I first got diagnosed with BRD (Black Rifle Disease), I was on ARFCOM all the time. I got a wealth of knowledge from the folks there which I have tried to pass on to others who are now in the position I was in those many years ago.

Now, ARFCOM is filled with a bunch of folks who don't seem to care as much now about the value of sharing information, experiences, knowledge, etc., but instead everyone seems to have "an agenda" of sorts or are so blinded by product loyalty (without justification) that you can't get a straight answer to a straight question (like "can you folks who have actually used product 'X' share your experiences, thoughts, impressions with someone who wants to know?").

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Yeah, T.J....that is pretty bad. Other than some of the industry forums with direct links to the mfgs, and the EE, I have all but quit viewing or posting anywhere else on ARFCOM. I still use some of the DIY and other general info posted there...but not so much the forums. When I first got diagnosed with BRD (Black Rifle Disease), I was on ARFCOM all the time. I got a wealth of knowledge from the folks there which I have tried to pass on to others who are now in the position I was in those many years ago.

Now, ARFCOM is filled with a bunch of folks who don't seem to care as much now about the value of sharing information, experiences, knowledge, etc., but instead everyone seems to have "an agenda" of sorts or are so blinded by product loyalty (without justification) that you can't get a straight answer to a straight question (like "can you folks who have actually used product 'X' share your experiences, thoughts, impressions with someone who wants to know?").
You know what the funny thing is? ... A majority of those people are so damn fat and out of shape that they are grasping for their inhalers just walking to their lane at the range. They use the internet to cover up that fact and make themselves sound like Billy Bad (_!_)s because they have High Speed Low Drag equipment.

That's just my opinion and personal observation of "those types" of users that happen to talk to me when I'm working our booth at the gun shows here in my area.

Don't get me wrong, I could stand to loose some weight, but I know I can run a mile in about 7.5 mins, and I can run 3-4 miles easy. The big difference is, I don't claim to be anything I'm not, and I don't hide behind my keyboard and start bashing people about products that are not consider "kool-aid" brands.

But I still do frequent AR15.com for the EE section.... And the picture threads! :)

Sidenote: If I offended anyone regarding the overweight comment, then I'm sorry... But reality is, you make your own choices and you know if you are one of them. If you are, then the next step is to think about your health and take a long walk around the neighborhood and just contemplate about how you can better your health, instead of sitting there surfing the net and going "damn I need to lose some weight". It's tough, but being healthy is more for yourself rather than anyone else here on the internwebs. Plus when you get in shape, it's easier to claim "Operator" with abs of steal and 20+ inches guns hiding under your sleeves. :)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
go figure who would have thought that someone that is wanting information to base a decision on pertaining to the AR would go to one of the biggest sites dedicated to the Platform to seek that information. I guess i should have gone to Betty Crockers website and ask i might have had better results.

sounds to me like they need to moderate the Forums a little more like they do the EE if your post goes off topic they edit it or delete it and send out a warning about staying on Topic.

while there were a lot of unrequested Information about LaRue i had no problems with it was the ones that went out there and started acting like kindergarten kids that really derailed the whole thread.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sidenote: If I offended anyone regarding the overweight comment, then I'm sorry... But reality is, you make your own choices and you know if you are one of them. If you are, then the next step is to think about your health and take a long walk around the neighborhood and just contemplate about how you can better your health, instead of sitting there surfing the net and going "damn I need to lose some weight". It's tough, but being healthy is more for yourself rather than anyone else here on the internwebs. Plus when you get in shape, it's easier to claim "Operator" with abs of steal and 20+ inches guns hiding under your sleeves. :)
ROFL i just spit coffee out my nose that was some funny Shiznit right there,

mostly because i am a FATASS or at least thats how i perceive myself ive been told im not though.

im 6'2" weight in at 230 i got some love handles and bad lungs seriously ive got damage to my left and 85% capacity in my right due to pulmanary Blebs that casused it to colapse the Dr said the left one will also fail unless i die before it happens but thats the only alternative until it happens i can run about a mile not sure if i can do 5 anymore.,

when i was in the service i could run 5 miles without breaking a sweat our platoon would litterally go on 10 mile jogs and you better not fall out unless you were dieing or thiere would be hell to pay.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
ROFL i just spit coffee out my nose that was some funny Shiznit right there,

mostly because i am a FATASS or at least thats how i perceive myself ive been told im not though.

im 6'2" weight in at 230 i got some love handles and bad lungs seriously ive got damage to my left and 85% capacity in my right due to pulmanary Blebs that casused it to colapse the Dr said the left one will also fail unless i die before it happens but thats the only alternative until it happens i can run about a mile not sure if i can do 5 anymore.,

when i was in the service i could run 5 miles without breaking a sweat our platoon would litterally go on 10 mile jogs and you better not fall out unless you were dieing or thiere would be hell to pay.
Wow! I'm sorry to hear that man! Don't run, walk! It really does help. I think you know that I intended the sidenote for those who are doing nothing about it. I use to be in great shape til I got diagnosed with CHF. I reacted to my treatment and gained weight. Nothing I could do there, but now that I've got the "good to go" from my Dr. I'm doing something about it. I just hate complainers! Stop complaining, put the donut down, Diet drinks still make you fat, and take a walk! GRR! LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Agreed, there's plenty of horror stories there. I'm guessing that site just got too big for it's own good, and waaaay too commercial, as your 'featured sponsors or nothing' comments state.

Now, if you tread thru swamps of BS, childish insults and self-proclaimed experts hiding behind the net's web of anonymity, bashers & airsoft 'operator' kids playing pretend, you'll actually find some really solid info for just about any AR-related question you may have at arfcom, not to mention the EE is pretty damned sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
go figure who would have thought that someone that is wanting information to base a decision on pertaining to the AR would go to one of the biggest sites dedicated to the Platform to seek that information. I guess i should have gone to Betty Crockers website and ask i might have had better results.

sounds to me like they need to moderate the Forums a little more like they do the EE if your post goes off topic they edit it or delete it and send out a warning about staying on Topic.

while there were a lot of unrequested Information about LaRue i had no problems with it was the ones that went out there and started acting like kindergarten kids that really derailed the whole thread.

oh no
they moderate the hell out of the site
well, only if you dont agree with them
or your name is new
etc etc

·
Registered
126 Posts
I posted a few times in there... I hate the Larue fanboys with a passion, but you have to realize the collective IQ of 95% of the guys on there is lower than their shoe sizes. I hate Larue because he's an immature prick. I hate his fanboys because they are too blind to see that Larue is raping them for the cost of mounts, and say the free stuff makes it worth it. No, that means you're paying for that free stuff but they say it's free so you feel good. It takes a trained monkey with one arm to run a CNC machine. It should not cost that much to make mounts, especially when you're mass producing them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to be staff at ar15armory.com, and I can assure you that nothing like that would happen over there. Great group of members VERY knowledgable on AR's.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I would have to agree about the ARF site, there is too many "I am god" syndromes on there. I do check in from time to time, but most of those people have a big gun and a small brain..

·
Registered
307 Posts
Now, if you tread thru swamps of BS, childish insults and self-proclaimed experts hiding behind the net's web of anonymity, bashers & airsoft 'operator' kids playing pretend, you'll actually find some really solid info for just about any AR-related question you may have at arfcom, not to mention the EE is pretty damned sweet.

What is the "EE"?

I lurk over there in the build it yourself section and troubleshooting but that's about it. You can tell by reading other posts that if your a newbie you'll get your post shot down.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is the "EE"?

I lurk over there in the build it yourself section and troubleshooting but that's about it. You can tell by reading other posts that if your a newbie you'll get your post shot down.
EE=equipment exchange it's their clasifieds

·
Registered
671 Posts
fact of the matter is, THERE ISNT many ADM "end-users". Most folks believe that ADM copied Larue designs, therefor they refuse to support the ADM company.

ADM has been tested against Larue products, and have come up short. They offer no functional advantage, nor any price advantage.

No snobbery here, i will use whatever i believe works. But there is no compelling reason for me to use ADM over Larue.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.