Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my xdsc yesterday and bought a Ruger Lc9 for carry. Gonna miss the ole girl, but so far, the Ruger carries a lot easier for me. I'm a pretty small guy and it just feels great.

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Just sold my xdsc yesterday and bought a Ruger Lc9 for carry. Gonna miss the ole girl, but I so far, the Ruger carries a lot easier for me. I'm a pretty small guy and it just feels great.
Thats what is great. We have so many good choices when it comes to firearms.

Let us know how you like the LC9

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Congratulations on the new gun. Some people will say suck it up and learn to dress around it, blah blah blah. That may be true to an extent, but it is a personal choice. If it is not working for you, then so be it. There are too many other options out there that are better than being uncomfortable or unsatisfied with what you have.
I went with an LCP myself, the LC9 seemed a tad to big for pocket carry. However it would be quite easy in a smaller IWB.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I hate to hear people sell guns... But glad you got something that fits you better. I have Crossbreeds for both the SC and LCP, and yes you don't feel the LCP near as much. Hope you like the LC9, it was not out when I bought my LCP.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
congrats

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
its ok I only owned one for 10 days or so and I'm still here:twisted:

I too am downgrading my carry. Going from a 5" 1911 to a 4.25 granted the heaviest one I could find that was bobbed but its still smaller, kept pinching my rear sitting down causing me to adjust it frequently creating a blatant tell. I don't think I could mentally accept carrying a 9mm again but to each their own. I also shoot a 1911 better, much better/faster and feel more comfortable with its safety system then my sig.:?: I have no idea why.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Cool, you made the right carry decision. Me, I would have kept the XD if I could afford to.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Ruger is a fine gun. You pull the trigger and it goes bang. I have a Ruger p89, but now that I have a xdm compact in the .40 I am thinking of selling my Ruger and getting something else.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe someday I'll be back in the XD game. I'm sure they will come out with something that I can't live without.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Sold a gun:confused:

I recognize all the words, but put together in that order they don't seem to make any sense to me...

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I've sold many a gun, including four XD pistols...
Sometimes things just don't work out..:shock:

Enjoy the Ruger...;)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
my buddy owns two of these. he's got the black one and his wife has the pink one... lol. he let me shoot it once when were were popping off some rounds. not a bad gun. the only thing i didn't really care for was his mag seemed a little loose.

have you experienced anything like that with yours? i ask because i'm thinking about getting this one for my wife since she's not a big girl and doesn't want a big gun... :(

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I sold my XD9Sc not because I didn't like the gun. I loved it, but like so many of us it was just not the right carry gun for me. The moment I got the Kahr PM9 (the pistol I wish S/A would have put out)broken in and was confident that it would go bang when I needed it to the XD9sc pretty much became a range and HD gun. Decided that a CZ75 B would be better in that roll so one pistol had to go and the XD was the one that was the logical choice. I may buy another one someday, but have no regrets selling it. I sold a great gun, to buy another great gun. Hope you enjoy your new pistol.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts