Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently talked with a local business owner about his "No Guns" sign on his front door.

He stated he didn't realize that there a number of people who can legally carry, and the sign was aimed at the thugs, not "good" people. Unfortunately, the sign (which carries the weight of law in North Carolina) does not distinguish punks from people.

He agreed he would actually like to have legitimate gun owners around if the SHTF. In this case, education worked.

Using ideas from a thread on another forum, I have produced some cards that can be printed and handed out to other business owners.

Please help spread our message in a non-obnoxious manner!

·
Premium Member
21,759 Posts
My dad hands those out to places we go that has signs...

·
Registered
298 Posts
thats a good idea. I think some people don't even know what ccw is. We need to get the word out about how awesome it is for law abiding citizens to be carrying.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's actually pretty good. Thanks for that. Think I'll be passing that out as well once my permit actually arrives.

·
Registered
340 Posts
.... but if you're carrying, how do you actually get inside the store to hand them the card?

·
Registered
29,597 Posts
I was able to convince the owner of one of my favorite bars/restaurants in St. Paul, MN to get rid of their sign. Basically, I let him know that a criminal wouldn't respect the sign anyway, and all he was going to do was alienate current and potential customers, many of which are affluent and like establishments like his.

ETA--the name of the place is The Happy Gnome; great food, incredible beer selection.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I like! What a great idea.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I carry cards very similar. Business card size, printed front and back.

The one shown above is great, but if you condense it down to business card size, can you read it?

Mine has a big 'no guns' symbol = 'no $$$' symbol

·
Registered
559 Posts
That's a pretty good idea. I like it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Quite the opposite in TX, as there's a very specific sign a business has to post to keep a CCW from entering.

We don't want to educate the business owners on proper signage. ;)
We DO want to educate those with the proper signage.
If the sign is wrong or nonexistent, leave well enough alone.

We are trying to pass universal signage in Nebraska too. Right now it's ridiculous what is considered 'posted'. Pretty much anything goes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts