Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently I was being illegal this morning when I CC'd to get my oil changed. I heard that NC east of I95 was declared a state of emergency while waiting at the dealership. I had heard before that NC's laws stated that during a state of emergency CC became unlawful. Apparently what I heard was correct.

Confederate Yankee: North Carolina Governor Declares Every Concealed Carry Permit in eastern NC Invalid Due to Hurricane Irene

This is bullsh!t! An emergency is EXACTLY when I want to be carrying! I am a law abiding, LEGALLY armed citizen! :mad:

I guess for the next few days I will be illegal... Because I damn sure will be carrying. No way I am going unarmed after a hurricane, especially with a pregnant wife.

·
Super Moderator
22,206 Posts
I would be doing the same thing. Is OC legal? If so you can just CC until cops or someone is around and flip your shirt over it to OC.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
State of Emergency... otherwise known as... the State has Emergency powers over you and will decide whats best for you, those silly rights just get in the way.

I'm sure the logic used here was that all us gun owners are evil and crazy, we probably plan on using our CCW permits that we spent time and money to legally obtain to engage in illegal activities like looting so that we can protect ourselves while commiting said crimes...

The one positive thing? You dont need a CCW permit to have your weapon inside your home, carry on.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I would be doing the same thing. Is OC legal? If so you can just CC until cops or someone is around and flip your shirt over it to OC.
True, but unfortunately Open Carry is one of those perfectly legal things that will get you arrested anyway:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, but unfortunately Open Carry is one of those perfectly legal things that will get you arrested anyway:rolleyes:

When I have OC'd I haven't had any problems.... The manager at the local Cracker Barrel has actually endorsed OC in his store.

That being said, I have heard horror stories about interactions with the Onslow Co. Sheriff Dept.

I am currently OCing, but I am sitting at home in my living room. If I leave for anything, CC is going to be the plan. Ignorance is bliss :cool:

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
From legal to illegal by executive order in just one moment. What rights do you have left? Will the police stop with evacuation and start looking for people CC'ing.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
From legal to illegal by executive order in just one moment. What rights do you have left? Will the police stop with evacuation and start looking for people CC'ing.
Maybe they can set up some of those road block checks like they do for drunks, whats more important than making sure people arent doing legal activities in an emergency:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

What rights do I have left? All of them that I can keep through strength of arms.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
that worked out great in NO during Katrina now didn't it?? it's ridiculous, people who have permits are law abiding citizens in the first place. What, do they think we all have a crazy switch that an emergency will flip, making us all blood thirsty maniacs? jeez

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Sounds like its illegal to take a gun off your property open or concealed. I'm I'm Western NC so does not affect me. I am going to call my Senator about this.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
This stupid law is just one of many reasons that Perdue and most of NC's legislature must go home during the next election.

Spread the word to your neighbors, and VOTE for the correct people next election. I WILL!

·
Registered
472 Posts
what a ridiculous law

ugh

thanks and duly noted for the next time I travel through NC

·
Registered
77 Posts
I contacted my State Senator in favor of NC SB 594 (Short Title: Firearms/State of Emergency) to counteract this happening again. I'll let you know the results.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I contacted my State Senator in favor of NC SB 594 (Short Title: Firearms/State of Emergency) to counteract this happening again. I'll let you know the results.
Sweet. Where abouts are you in NC?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts