Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Too bad, for a budget line I've had good luck with their products.

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Old news...heard that last year sometime.

I suspect that they'll be back in a year or two...kinda like Colt will be with AR's

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
From the article, it's a SJW move... they don't want the perception of being involved in "blood sports" to sully their rep in tony European camera shoppes. You could say, they don't like the optics of it.

Also from the article:
“When we heard about it, our jaws just dropped" says Brady Speth... it’s a Japanese company and it’s always been pretty tight-lipped about internal decisions.”

There's a dirty joke hidden in there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
A guy behind the gun counter in Cabela's told me Nikon is the company making the glass in the Cabela's line of rifle/pistol scopes. Not the completed scope, just the glass. He said he didn't know who put all the parts together to complete the scope.

He was wondering what Cabela's would do to find another company to make their scope glass.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
More Dicks.

Reactions: Knucklebuster

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have filmed several of the sport optics reps and sport optics office guys over the years when I was a cameraman and producer for different outdoor tv shows and used a ton of there products. To be honest, I have never bought anything Nikon. I own several scopes, sets of binos and rangefinders that I got from them as gifts but, I always felt like their stuff wasn’t as good as the price demanded. Unless you got top of the line series stuff, you could do just as well or better for cheaper. Hate to see them go because I know a lot of guys who depended on the sponsorship they provided but for the reasons stated by them, I say adios. I won’t apologize to anyone for being a hunter.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
It's too bad that they have decided to get out of the scope business. They do make fine products, but as was stated earlier, their products seem to carry a bit of a higher price tag. Their binos and cameras as well as the lenses are always top of the line.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
He was wondering what Cabela's would do to find another company to make their scope glass.
I wouldn't be surprised if nothing changed in that regard. They seem to be more worried about their brand image with European shutterbugs and the lack of domestic (Japanese) sales. Selling unbranded glass to other scope manufacturers should go unnoticed by the anti hunting dimwits.

·
Administrator
22,444 Posts
That is a mistake.

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
If its a SJW reason, they should have just spun off the division, change the name and kept a big chunk of stock, and have them buy their glass from Nikon. They still look good to pansy shutter bugs and nobody looses an optics option.
To kill it off, then sell their glass to other mfgs, I'll not buy from anyone that uses Nikon glass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.