Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has been asked before, I did a quick search and found nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with the Nikko Stirling brand of riflescopes? I have been looking at new glass for a rifle I picked up, and these kind of caught my eye, but I don't know of anyone using one. Redfield and Weaver are a couple of the other brands I have been looking at.

I'm planning to use this rifle as for deer hunting, no competition or long range shooting. All I need is a tough scope that performs fairly well in low light. This build has to be done on a budget (less than $200 for glass) so that rules out all of the high end optics everyone always suggests.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
950 Posts
My brother has one on his Howa. It works well at about 100yds in full sun but thats about it. Low light it gets fuzzy and starts getting halos. Spend a little more and get some better glass Redfield is way better than the the NS scopes and still very affordable.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Putting it on a model 70 .30-06. Max hunting range is around 300 yards. If it is fuzzy around the edges and doesn't work in lower light conditions I guess I better move on huh?

I've really been looking hard at the Redfield, but was comparing features and the Nikko's claims seemed impressive.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Forgive me if this has been asked before, I did a quick search and found nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with the Nikko Stirling brand of riflescopes? I have been looking at new glass for a rifle I picked up, and these kind of caught my eye, but I don't know of anyone using one. Redfield and Weaver are a couple of the other brands I have been looking at.

I'm planning to use this rifle as for deer hunting, no competition or long range shooting. All I need is a tough scope that performs fairly well in low light. This build has to be done on a budget (less than $200 for glass) so that rules out all of the high end optics everyone always suggests.

Thanks for your input.
Look at the nikon prostaff or the leoupold rifleman scopes, good optics in your price range.

don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts