Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a night vision scope for my AR. One question; are these scopes useless during daylight, or do they function as normal scopes during the day?

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I was looking for a night vision scope for my AR. One question; are these scopes useless during daylight, or do they function as normal scopes during the day?
They're a bit pricey! My suggestion ($.02) is, unless you are going to do a lot of shooting at night then there's really no point. You can spend that money on a high quality optic like an ACOG or something from NightForce or IOR or S&B.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sportsman's Guide has a cheap one for $400. I was thinking about it to use on the coyotes at night, but it wouldn't be worth it if I had to change scopes for every other usage.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Sportsman's Guide has a cheap one for $400. I was thinking about it to use on the coyotes at night, but it wouldn't be worth it if I had to change scopes for every other usage.
Ah I see! Well, I don't have a lot of experience with NV scopes, but the ones I've seen are an addition to the optics that one would already have on their rifle. With a quick detach, it made it easy to take on/off. I haven't personally seen one that has a daytime feature. I'm sure they exist, but I just haven't seen one.

Sorry...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem. I had a night-vision monocular that only worked at night. But I also have a camcorder with night-vision that can be switched off when not needed.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you don't intend to get a 3rd Gen NV...don't waste your money. Sure $4k+ is a lot of money to spend on NV, but at times you must pay to play. Just think of that $4K NV as a "bargain" compared to say thermal.

That's how I am going to justify it...haha.

Take a look at the NV that Victor has to offer. He has a solid reputation on ARF...I bought from him before and would recommend him.

Tactical Night Vision Home Page

1 - 6 of 6 Posts