Which night sights are better?

• HD Night Sights

• Truglo TFO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order night sights and I was wondering what everyone's opinion was. I am debating between the Trijicon HD Night Sights and the Truglo TFO's. Opinion please? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I have both and prefer the TFO's.

Earlier the TFO's were having problems with the vials staying in the sights and they were not as durable as they are now. I literally carry them every day and they get banged in to all kinds of things and have not had one problem yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have TFO's on a Kimber, happy with them. I put clear epoxy over them just to be safe. Not able to compare them with the other sites mentioned.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Trijicon all day long. Trijicon's are as durable as sights can get and the HD sights are very easy to pick up. The TruGlo's look nice, and are good for people who may not have the greatest eyes but the quality is no where near that of the Trijicon's. I've heard 20 horror stories about the TruGlo's for every 1 for Trijicon.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. I had the Trijicon Bright and Toughs on my old XD 40 and I really like them so I am leaning towards the Trijicons but I have heard a lot of good things about the TFO's, with the exception of some of them falling apart, so I figured I would get some more opinions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I haven't had either brand (my Glock 22 had Glock brand night sights) but like dhunley1 stated, I've heard a lot more good things about Trijicon than TruGlo.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I think that I have definitely decided on the Trijicons. After watching some You Tube videos I think that the yellow front site catches my eye a little better.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
TFO no problems here

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
Trijicon all the way.

Too many people have spent too much time looking foor the fiber optic tubes after the TFO's puked 'em out; me included.

If TruGlo actually gave a dump about this, they'd fix their defective product, instead of telling people to superglue their sights. I just can't support a company that has that idea of customer service.

Add in that TFO's take away about an inch of sight radius...yeah. The Trijicon is a MUCH better sight.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Trijicon

Meprolight

Ameriglo

TruGlo TFO..

Despite the fiber optic issues, I also don't care for the physical size of TFOs on the slide.

·
Registered
413 Posts
This helps me too, I was deciding between the two, but was going to get the TFO's and then I saw the HD's and lately have been hearing better things about them than the TFO's. I like the fact that the HD's are not that as big as the TFO's. I don't really care for the size of the TFO's. I am set on the HD's now!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I have never owned any TFOs so take my opinion with a grain of salt, BUT I have handled and shot them. I also have friends that have them and have given reports of their durability...and sometimes the lack there of. The HDs seem superior for MY purposes. My XD gets banged around a lot. It is a duty weapon and a CCW and is rarely sitting in a safe....actually it is never sitting in a safe. The only break it gets is on the nightstand while I am asleep. I hear people saying that the TFOs are more sturdy now than they have been in the past. That may be true. I simply just can't afford to risk it with my XD. I know I can trust the HDs to stay strong for many years to come. They are very solidly built, to the point I have no problems heel-racking the slide in a "one-hand" scenario. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that with the TFOs. They may in fact BE as sturdy as the HDs but I simply don't trust them. I NEED to trust my pistol all the time, everytime. For that reason, I recommend the HDs if they are going on MORE than a range gun whose purpose is soley for entertainment.

TIFWIWWMNBM (take it for what it's worth which might not be much)

·
Premium Member
23,667 Posts
i have tfo's never a issue yet, what about the metprolights?? anyone use them?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Like the idea of yellow in front and green in back, no practical experience to back it up though. I have the green and it takes a little time to line them all up.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but I bought a gun with Trijicons, how bright are they supposed to be? I seen where they used to last 8 years now 12.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like the idea of yellow in front and green in back, no practical experience to back it up though. I have the green and it takes a little time to line them all up.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but I bought a gun with Trijicons, how bright are they supposed to be? I seen where they used to last 8 years now 12.
I had the the Trijicon Bright and Toughs on my old XD. They stand out very well at night. Very easy to see.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Trijicon +1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts