Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the TruGlo TFO sights, and are they any good? They would be going on my XDm 3.8. I love the standard TruGlo sights on my shotguns and my bow just wondering if they are good on a pistol and if they work well at night.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thinking about the TFO's as well, but don't want to deal with some of the issues I have heard about. Front sites being loose, the fibers coming out, ect.

Don't know if the QC has come up on them or not.......I heard they were very bright. I might go with the TruGlo tridium's just cause I know my luck, and i'll be one having issues if I go with the TFO's

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Trijicons are the industry standard for a reason. I've seen people have issues with TFO's on more than one occasion.
+1 on Trijicon. I have had them on many handguns and have had zero issues.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went with the TFO's because my dealer said if I have any problem, ever, to bring it back and he would replace them for me there no dealing with TruGlo. Plus I figure if I'm going to upgrade my sights I want some that are good for day and night. Have not shot with them yet due to the loctite needing 24hrs to cure but will post back to let you know how I like them but right now they look great.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright so I went to the range today, went thru 150 rounds, and these sights are great. I found them easier to get on target than the stock sights, and are brighter on the dimly lit inside range I shoot at. I would recomend them to anyone, at this point.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Alright so I went to the range today, went thru 150 rounds, and these sights are great. I found them easier to get on target than the stock sights, and are brighter on the dimly lit inside range I shoot at. I would recomend them to anyone, at this point.
Would have to agree shot with them for the first time last week in a dimmly lit indoor range but could pick up the sights very easily...at one point had my kids shut the lights off in the range and they were glowing bright.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have the TFOs and love them. But don't take my word for it. I took my 13 yr old daughter to the range today. She got to try out my XDM 4.5 with standard sights and my 3.8compact with TFOs. She said she prefered the green sights over the factory white ones and never picked up the 4.5 after trying the 3.8. I love them and compared them to the trijicons and felt the TFOs were better. I have about 1200 rounds through it so far with at least 10 cleanings and no issue yet. They are on my daily carry and I use this gun for IDPA as well.

·
Registered
715 Posts
most people like them. just epoxy the front tube (and rear if you like) and head off any problems, make sure it's a UV stable epoxy (so it stays clear).

I don't like them, I think the idea is great but fit and finish is less than impressive. don't like the obvious jb weld used to seal the front where the tubes were installed and seen some that were fine and others with such a poor finish on the end of the tubes that they barely transmitted light. look carefully at the end of the fiber optic tubes before buying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.