Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My xd-40 service is enroute to Springfielf for a warranty repair and i'm taking the opportunity to have night sights installed while they have it. I know that they offer two options, one being the trijicons and the other being their own "Springfield Custom Night sight". What would u guys recommend? Anyone have experience with both or either and willing to offer an opinion?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I have AmeriGlow on mine, works great. ALso have had good sucess with MeproLight. The coolest night sights I have are on my CZ-75B, PT Nightsights with two red dots on the back and one green dot up front. Really makes sight alignement easy and fast in the dark.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Eric_Oh said:
the other being their own "Springfield Custom Night sight".
Their custom shop menu lists the other as Heinie Straight 8 Slant Pro night sights (1 green dot on front sight, 1 green dot on rear sight.), so it would seem that one difference for consideration is whether there is a preference for the Trijicon with the "conventional" 3-dot design or the "Straight 8" 2-dot design.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JD McDorce said:
Eric_Oh said:
the other being their own "Springfield Custom Night sight".
Their custom shop menu lists the other as Heinie Straight 8 Slant Pro night sights (1 green dot on front sight, 1 green dot on rear sight.), so it would seem that one difference for consideration is whether there is a preference for the Trijicon with the "conventional" 3-dot design or the "Straight 8" 2-dot design.
Yes, i was meaning to make and edit on my original post. I realized after posting that there was teh third option available from SA, but it wasn't on my mind as i prefer the more traditional three dot. excuse my mistake.

Has anyone ever used the SA custom shops night sights? It seems a bit larger than i'd like on the sight body. All comments appreciated. thanks for the input thus far guys.

As for going with mepros, and ameriglos... well since niether are seemingly offered at SA, i am not considering those(but i've heard good things about mepros as well). With regards to mepros, i'm actually considering those for my usp.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I've got the Ameriglo's on my HK and Heinie Straight 8's on my service XD. The Ameriglos are brighter, but I have better low light sight aquisition w/ the Heinie's. The brightness issue could be due to age. I don't know how old the Heinie's are but teh Ameriglo's are only a year old.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
FYI..Springfield e-mailed me these pictures of their "Springfield Fiber Optic sight set".

Tom

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have Meprolight night sights on all my guns. Never had a problem and like the larger dot over the Tritium brand. Something to think about when your eyes ain't gettin' any younger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.