Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I getting ready to put some night sights on my Service XD9, I was hoping some of you had some good Rec's and and maybe a little Info on your EXP with them.

Also are Night Sights something I can install myself or does a shop need to do it?

Thanks in Advance Guys!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I like the Meprolights myself, although Trijicons are good along with several others. I'm also interested in putting them on my XD9 Service, but in doing some searching here apparently it is a bear to do. I've put them on Glocks with no problem, but after some of the threads I read here I'm not sure if I want to attempt it on this gun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I haven't checked into exactly how to do it yourself :???: but I want a set pretty bad lol

Purchased the Streamlight TLR-1 and it came into today so we went out soon as the sun went down behind the house and did a little shooting and discovered night sights would be a great upgrade with the light.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Remember: night sights are tritium gas inside a glass vial, that is to say they are breakable with enough shock. So use a dedicated XD sight pusher not a hammer and drift, or let an EXPERIENCED XD smith do it for you. I have 6 XDs so I ponied up the dough and bought a pusher from MGW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts