Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any real difference in say...the Trijicon night sights...vs the Ameriglo or any other Tritium based night sights?

Am thinking I must pick up a set of these night sights cuz i'm using my .40 primarily for home defense and figure that being able to line up my target in the dark might be a good thing. :wink:

Any general input on night sights, i.e. ease of installation etc is welcome!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I learned the hard way before asking around. Price pretty much has a correlation to quality. I have an Ameriglo front sight break on me. The gunsmith I work with told me that he replaces a significant number of Ameriglo’s; he says the make is cheap. I just put some Ameriglo Trijicon speed sights and I'm worried they will break too. Next time I'll spend the extra money on sturdier sights.

My .02

JDW

·
Registered
25 Posts
Based on my experience alone, I prefer the sight picture of Meprolights over Ameriglo. The Meprolights are a little brighter and much easier to aquire. Both can be seen in the dark but the brighter Meprolights can be seen better during transitional periods of low light. the front sight is also slightly brighter than the rear on the Meps. I have no personal experience with Trijicon products. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got my Ameriglos during the group buy and I love them. For the price I paid, you couldn't beat it. I've used them in the past few months in both light, low light, and dark shoots and they've worked fine. These are more combat sights then target sights, so they serve their purpose well. Nice big dots for the day and bright for the night. I guess the true test will be how long they last me...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Get you some True Glo TFOs They are brite in day or night. I have meps and trijicons on my other pistols. I think there brighter than the two.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Reliable said:
I was looking at those TRU GLO's, how do you like them, How is the installation, are any special tools required?
Well so far I put 900rds and the sights are the same when I installed them. Just took a brass punch and a 10lb hammer to the factory sights and came right out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts