Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a set of 3 dot night sights that maintain the dovetail look of the stock Xdm sights. I am not sure how the blocky trijicons would look. Not that looks are paramount, but the other concern is that since the stock sights cover more of the slide I'm concerned that the finish mightt be damaged underneath when they are removed. So I am looking for the same form factor and size, but in a 3 dot night sight. The TFO's look like they cover the same amount of the slide, but there are alot of comments about them not holding up.

Any sugestions?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
i am looking for a set of 3 dot night sights that maintain the dovetail look of the stock xdm sights. I am not sure how the blocky trijicons would look. Not that looks are paramount, but the other concern is that since the stock sights cover more of the slide i'm concerned that the finish mightt be damaged underneath when they are removed. So i am looking for the same form factor and size, but in a 3 dot night sight. The tfo's look like they cover the same amount of the slide, but there are alot of comments about them not holding up.

Any sugestions?
1-800-617-6751

·
Premium Member
127,072 Posts
The TFO's look like they cover the same amount of the slide, but there are alot of comments about them not holding up.

Any sugestions?

TFOs! I have them on all my XDs and have never had any problems whatsoever even with heavy use.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1-800-617-6751
I sent an email to the custom shop with this question. Just looking for opinions here too.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TFOs! I have them on all my XDs and have never had any problems whatsoever even with heavy use.

Fiber + tritium, or just the tritium?

·
Registered
208 Posts
the TFOs are your best bet for the same look as stock sights, and are good at night. I have them on my XDsc-40. Was going to put them on the XDm but only needed Fiber Optic because this Is my range gun most of the time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
the heinie straight eight sights look pretty interesting. ive never used them but am thinking of getting a set.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the heinie straight eight sights look pretty interesting. ive never used them but am thinking of getting a set.

I emailed Heine to ask if there is a 3 dot version. They picture one on their XD page, but the pricing page does not show them.

I am not sure how much harder it is to get used to lining up just a top and bottom (dot the i style) sight.

I am concerned about build quality on the TFO's, and I am not sure if the tritium only versions have a white outer ring for better daytime visibility.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Final verdict:

I heard back from Springfield and they offer the same sights that come on the XDm as tritium night sights. The price is $105 plus shipping/handling. Not bad really, and it's being done by the manufacturer and you know the sights will match the stock ones.

Sorry for all the posts, but hopefully this might help others looking for the same info.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm confused here. Are the XDM sights different than the regular XD sights? Or will the regular XD sights work on the different slide the XDM is sporting??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Who makes the tritium sights that look identical to the stock xdm 3-dot sights? I spoke with Heinie and Truglo and they refuse to make a model that fits flush with the rear of the slide like factory xdm's. I've seen TFO's and Straight 8's on XDM's and they don't stretch back all the way to the back of the slide because they we're made for xd's and not xdm's. That's why I hate companies who are unwilling to creat new products that cutomers suggest. They just expect us to compromise with the same design as people with standard xd's have. I for one will not compromise sight picture/sight radius to make people with poor customer service richer. What lazy greedy MF's. I wish I could machine because then they'd be obsolete. Always remember the end user. -Semper Fi-

·
Registered
316 Posts
Final verdict:

I heard back from Springfield and they offer the same sights that come on the XDm as tritium night sights. The price is $105 plus shipping/handling. Not bad really, and it's being done by the manufacturer and you know the sights will match the stock ones.

Sorry for all the posts, but hopefully this might help others looking for the same info.
Do you know whether the tritium sights that match the stock XDM sights have a white ring around the tritium tubes for increased visibility under well-lit conditions? Kinda like the Meprolights and Tijicons?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you know whether the tritium sights that match the stock XDM sights have a white ring around the tritium tubes for increased visibility under well-lit conditions? Kinda like the Meprolights and Tijicons?
Per the custom shop, they do not have a white ring. I went with the Dawson night sights. They have a white ring around just the front sight to draw your focus there. They match the form factor of the stock sights as well. I had mine done by Powder River Precision along with a trigger job. Highly recommend both the sights and the shop.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Per the custom shop, they do not have a white ring. I went with the Dawson night sights. They have a white ring around just the front sight to draw your focus there. They match the form factor of the stock sights as well. I had mine done by Powder River Precision along with a trigger job. Highly recommend both the sights and the shop.
Thanks, much appreciated. Do you know what the turn-around time is for them? This is my only pistol, and I would rather not be without it for too long.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts