Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm for some night sights for my xdm 9mm and i'm wanting know who can installl them.i called here in houston and they told me your better off sendthe slide over to springfield to switch them out.need some input who just recently got some put on and how much.

please post up pics also just to see them.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I like the TruGlo TFOs. You need a good gunsmith with the proper sight tool to install any sight on an XD. TruGlo will do it for you if you send them the slide. Certainly The Spingfield shop is a good option as well.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Here is a pic of the TFOs in Green/Green

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
I got mine installed locally. I did go to a few places that wouldn't do it. I don't remember what I paid as this was about 2 years ago.
Here is a picture. These are trijicons.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just installed myself. Two sets of XS Big Dots, two sets of TruGlo with tritium inserts. Paid $80.00 for a sight pusher.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
i'm for some night sights for my xdm 9mm and i'm wanting know who can installl them.i called here in houston and they told me your better off sendthe slide over to springfield to switch them out.need some input who just recently got some put on and how much.

please post up pics also just to see them.

Contact forum sponsor ajamesp51

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/members/ajamesp51-1513.html

http://www.shop.xd-hs2000.com/product.sc?categoryId=15&productId=26

If you buy from him he will install them for free.
You just mail him your slide.

He has a very quick turnaround.
XD sights are known to be hard to remove.
Many gunsmiths around Dallas either charge extra to remove XD sights or they don't do them at all.

I'd suggest Trijicons new HD sights.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Contact forum sponsor ajamesp51

XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! - View Profile: ajamesp51

http://www.shop.xd-hs2000.com/product.sc?categoryId=15&productId=26

If you buy from him he will install them for free.
You just mail him your slide.

He has a very quick turnaround.
XD sights are known to be hard to remove.
Many gunsmiths around Dallas either charge extra to remove XD sights or they don't do them at all.

I'd suggest Trijicons new HD sights.

+1
Sent my slide off on a Monday and Got it back on a Saturday. I am only a few states away. Great work, Great communication, awesome sights. I went with the orange and green front.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Not XDm... but I really like Truglo's TFO on my XD9

Keep in mind proper installation is the key. I have read some reviews where their sights comes off loose while shooting at the range.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in Houston and can install your sights for you. They ARE a pain in the butt to remove and install but with a little care and patience, they're no worse than some 1911s that I've done. I've had to cut the sights out of some of those because they were so tight. There was no way to punch them out.

If you go with the TFOs, get the ones with the tritium inserts. Trijicons are great too. I have a set on my 1911. I'm thinking about getting a set of XS Big Dot 24/7 night sights for my XDm. I hear some good thing about the Heinie Straight Eight night sights also. Lastly, I'm exploring the glow-in-the-dark paint option to see if it really works. Might be an inexpensive way to TEMPORARILY get night sights without the big cash outlay.

Anyway, there are some options for you to think about. :cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I brought the Dawson Precision Adjustable Night Sights and had them drop ship to AJamesp51 for installation – excellent service in terms of speed and quality and he gets them done for a very reasonable price – you cannot go wrong. Absolutely the best.

I chose those sights because they are more robust than the FO sights which I have seen people have problem with i.e. falling out - which to me makes them OK for competition but not for SD.

I also chose the sights because they are adjustable. Most people don’t know it, but the XDM factory sights tend to be off at longer distances i.e. 25 yards and the Dawsons allows me to fix that. The two white tritium dots at the rear sights makes it much easier to line up with the larger white dot of the paired front sights allowing me to get a much fast sight picture than the “Blacked out rear sights” which is also available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can any of the sights discussed in this thread (Trjicon or Truglo) be mounted on an XDm 9mm Competition with the 5.25" barrel?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I love my Truglo TFOs so far. Went with the green front yellow rear for contrast. LUCKILY I found a good gunsmith locally, after calling literally 5-6 other places that either got offended that I asked, or said yes, but the new and old sights will have punch marks on them.... The place I went to had a nice sight press and I was in and out in 15 mins.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I highly suggest the Trijicon Truglos I have the Ameriglo version because I got them at about half the price of trijicons but its basically the same thing. Its a lot easier to track 1 bright dot then 5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just in passing this is an email I received when I requested information on the Truglo TFO sights. With no disrespect intended, trying to keep sights mounted on a handgun from ever contacting gun oil, lubricants, solvents, etc. is like selling me tires for my car and saying they can never get wet or dirty. :sad:

DO NOT IMMERSE your TFO sights in any type of sonic cleaner. These devices will defeat your TFO sights.

You also need to keep these sights away from contact with any type of gun cleaning solvent, gun cleaning spray, lubricants, oils and preservatives.

We appreciate your choosing TRUGLO products.

Shoot safely,

710 Presidential Drive
Richardson, Texas 75081
P# 972.774.0300
F# 972.774.0323

1 - 19 of 19 Posts