Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I bought my XDm40 Compact before they were offered with night sights. The dealer had told me that Springfield makes their sights so that only SPringfield can take them off. I was looking into purchasing night sights, but would this mean Id have to send my slide into springfield for this addition. I also see people talking about a certain sight that fits (forget its name), but does Springfield keep these in stock??

·
Registered
811 Posts
The sights are a real bitch to replace and I have decided to just pay the $25 (for front and rear, $15 front only) to the gunsmith to replace them. I have the XS big dot package on my XD40sc and love them. I don't even need a night light when it's laying on my night stand.

If they fit a Sig they are supposed to fit an XD (and I am assuming an XDm).

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Does anyone know how the factory Springfield night sights compare to trijicon trinium?
The factory sights have Trijicon vials, so they are very similar, however the factory ones look like the stock contrast sights in size and shape. The aftermarket Trijicon ones look more like the sights on a regular XD.

XD(M) sights are a breeze to remove if you have a decent sight pusher tool, but some of the XD ones are impossible.

*EDIT* Also, the XD(M) Compact is not available yet from the factory with night sights unless they are special ordered that way. They go to the SA Custom Shop to be installed. I am sure if you call them up they would be happy to install them for you, but they are pricey...

·
Registered
612 Posts
khufford said:
The factory sights have Trijicon vials, so they are very similar, however the factory ones look like the stock contrast sights in size and shape. The aftermarket Trijicon ones look more like the sights on a regular XD.

XD(M) sights are a breeze to remove if you have a decent sight pusher tool, but some of the XD ones are impossible.

*EDIT* Also, the XD(M) Compact is not available yet from the factory with night sights unless they are special ordered that way. They go to the SA Custom Shop to be installed. I am sure if you call them up they would be happy to install them for you, but they are pricey...
In terms of functionality, do they both perform the same (brightness, light charge required, etc)? I was the one asking you about your products.. I thought maybe other people had experience with them.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
There is no charge required, they have tritium inside and those last for about 12 years, the brightness will be the same between the factory night sights and the Trijicons, because the factory sights use Trijicon vials as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the night sites can be installed in about a week by springfield approx 112 plus shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts