Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, previous gun was a glock 22 with truglo tfo sights, Loved the sights but not the best for carry(plastic I believe). Current carry is XD40 sc. Would love to get night sights.
Whats your guys opionon on the 3 dot night sights vs 2 dot or I dot as ameriglo calls them.

My xd 40 sc serves as a daily carry and goes everywhere with me. I love 3 dot night sights but could see the 2 dot or other sights lining up better at night. ameriglo pro i dot - YouTube

I want sights for carry and range use. Again still shopping it may be months before I buy anything. Thanks!

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
I don't think there is a "best"--just what you prefer.

Personally, I like 3-dot styles using a U-notch rear with muted lamps and a large, bright front--eg, Trijicon HD's or Warren Tactical.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I had a set of "XS Big Dot" sights, and for me, I found them to be extremely fast to get on the front "golf ball" sized front sight. However, that made it more difficult for fine- accuracy and precision shooting, especially farther out past 25 yards or so. - Currently, I have standard three dot sights on my carry guns and am shopping to upgrade those.

Currently, leaning towards the ADE "Speed Diamond" sights (there are a couple of good threads on here about those) or the Trijicon HD night sights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts