Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XD-40 is at Springfield right now for warranty repair. I'm thinking about calling them and asking them to install night sights on my pride and joy. They offer Trijicon and Heine Tritium Slant Pro as options.

Any comments on which of these brands is the best? I have terrible eyesight and wear trifocal glasses. Will any off these brands of sight help or hurt daytime sighting?

Thanks for any help,
Tom

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OOpps, I guess this subject has been beat to death already.

I'll just do more searching of previous posts like I'm doing now.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Considering your eyesight, I would suggest the TRUGLO TFO sights. They are big and bring, day or night. Much brighter than both of the options you noted.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Agreed. I had a set of Truglo TFO's installed and they are large and bright. I keep the XD on the nightstand with a surefire light attatched....in the event I dont have time to put my glasses on, I can still see the dots good enough to make a shot.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called Springfield to see what they had and was told they offer these choices:

1. Trijicons
2. Heine Slant Pro
3. Ashley AO 24/7

Tough choices, but that Ashley AO 24/7 looks good. You only line up a post and dot instead of three dots.

I think it is very advantageous that Springfield can do the work while they have my gun. But I won't be able to see for myself until I get it back.

still deciding.....

tom

·
Registered
281 Posts
Im not sure if Old School does this or not, but if you send your slide into Ajames he will install the TFO's for you. Turn around was about a week. I installed a set of adj dawson precision myself and decided the next time around I would let someone else do the task with the proper tools.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
The Ashly AO's are incredible combat sights just like the express sights off a elephant rifle but are not the best for target work, I would personally avoid any of the light pipe or plastic tube style of sights for a combat pistol as the plastic tubes can be fragile, They are fine for compitition style shooting but if you carry a gun K.I.S.S. is the way to go. I personally like Meprolites although Trijicon and Heiney's are probably just as good .

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigun said:
The Ashly AO's are incredible combat sights just like the express sights off a elephant rifle but are not the best for target work, I would personally avoid any of the light pipe or plastic tube style of sights for a combat pistol as the plastic tubes can be fragile, They are fine for compitition style shooting but if you carry a gun K.I.S.S. is the way to go. I personally like Meprolites although Trijicon and Heiney's are probably just as good .
Thanks bigun, you just confirmed a couple of things for me. I am going to stick with the proven Trijicons for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
have the ashley type,big dot 24/7's on a Kahr P-9.work great,but not a precise sighting system,made for speed.have the trijicon's on a SW99 40.both bright and precise.would choose the trijicon's if you'll expect the gun to shoot tight groups too.if gun is solely for carry,the big dots are good. steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts