Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
LOL....FAIL

Balistic reload has daily deals, that change at NOON mountain time.

When you posted it there was only 9 mins left to get the deal.

It has since moved onto a knife for the next 23 hours and 49 minutes

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Damn it! Well, can't blame a man for trying. I ordered a hand full. Sorry.
No biggy....lol

It was a good thought.

I signed up for email alerts and get the everyday about 1:20 central time.

Lots of knives like CRKT, Kershaw, and Spyderco, also streamlight lights and stuff

Its a good deal, I got a desantis holster for 8 bucks shipped one time

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
I have the Tapco AR mags..I am thoroughly underwhelmed..unless I just assume the feed pawls should STAY IN ONE PLACE under a loaded magazine...mine...after they sat for a while...a good bump and KERSPROOOING...plops rounds out the top

I might have to buy me some regular GI mags...don't wanna dump 1/2 my ammo out because "you shouldn't store your mags" loaded hooey!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I don't mind the 30 round Tapcos, but I've noticed they seem to swell when it's real hot out. Please note that my real hot is probably more than yours. And CDNN has 75 round Korean drums for $69.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
My 20 rounder feeds okay but my 30 rounder does not. I usually try and stick with steel milsurp.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
My 20 rounder feeds okay but my 30 rounder does not. I usually try and stick with steel milsurp.
I have a few of the Tapco mags. They had some issues where they shipped with the wrong springs. Mine feed just fine but is strictly used at the range mag. I use Bulgarian Circle 10s and commblock steel mags for my SHTF gear.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I will gladly pay the three bucks more for good old fashioned combloc steel mags.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
Here's a better deal:

Hamlund tactical $5.50 per 30 round Tapco 7.62x39 mags

Flat $6.50 shipping

Tapco Poly Magazine AK 7.62x39 30 Round Black Bulk [MGTINMAG630BBULK] - $6.99 : HamLund Tactical, AR Rifle Parts and Accessories Including Uppers, Lowers, Stocks, Forearms, Grips, and Magazines

So you might want to change the thread subject.

And yes, you're welcome.
I got in on this. I got a few new mags and to take advantage of the flat shipping and other low pricing I scored a tapco folder and quad rail.

I am really liking my wood furniture but can see benefit of plastic. for what I paid for the plastic plus the cheap shipping I thought it was worth a try.

I have not had it out yet with the plastic on it. I'll make a thread when I do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i might catch hell for this, but i hated tapco AK mags anyways. loved how they looked, admittedly, so i bought 6 of em. all junk as far as i'm concerned. (specifically the ribbed plastic mags that resemble grenades in outward appearance). surplus mil mags have done me right, tapcos have given me hell.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
i might catch hell for this, but i hated tapco AK mags anyways. loved how they looked, admittedly, so i bought 6 of em. all junk as far as i'm concerned. (specifically the ribbed plastic mags that resemble grenades in outward appearance). surplus mil mags have done me right, tapcos have given me hell.
I like mine and have not encountered any issues. Granted I wouldn't use them for anything other than range shooting, they are perfect for what I to use them for. I saw some complaints online about the mag springs. When I got my set of mags, I was concerned so I called Tapco and an actual human being answered the phone, calmly explained the situation. He admitted they had a small fiasco on some earlier batches where they mistakenly put AR springs instead of AK springs. The result were lots of feeding issues. People complained. He even sent me an email detailing the issue and what to look for. The mags are backed with a lifetime warranty - yes for a $6 mag - I doubt you get that from comblock mags - maybe a call to Dmitri might help.

Tapco are perfect for range shooting. Save your $100 bakelite mags for real SHTF (or the $8.99 surplus mags). You know what they said, repeated loading and unloading weakens the springs overtime. For training, would you rather waste the "real" mags that you have or would you rather use Tapco and get lifetime warranty on parts when you do wear them out.

Just sayin....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts