Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
received my monthly NRA mag today, has a nice ad from Ruger I think. Found an online copy, thought I'd share here: American Rifleman June 2011

"Dear 1911 Pistol, Happy 100th Birthday. We're glad we came to the party. - Ruger"

I'm glad I bought an early ticket to this party

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It really is a nice looking 1911, no shortcuts were taken as with most Ruger firearms. It would be easy to say " well anyone can copy & build a 1911). And yes, that could be true. But the new Ruger looks especially pretty for a low price. I just bought a Sig 1911, would have waited for the Ruger if I had known ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Im going to hold out in hopes that they come out with a shorter barreled black one. Looks like a really nice gun.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Either way, I can CeraKote it black if needed.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I love how everyone picked on Ruger and said that if they ever released a 1911, it would have a full owner's manual on the slide.... and Ruger responded by stamping a gigantic, MADE IN USA on the slide.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love how everyone picked on Ruger and said that if they ever released a 1911, it would have a full owner's manual on the slide.... and Ruger responded by stamping a gigantic, MADE IN USA on the slide.
yep, like my pic below, also with a nice stamp on the opposite side. Before the release many interweb experts were poo'poo'ing it joking that would be a mess to be CA compliant - did not happen, the only warning is a small text under the dust cover.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm on the waiting list for one from the local dealer. Got to play with the demo model, and well that's all she wrote :D Sneaky bugger waited until I had handled the gun a bit and was darn near drooling on it before he says "Hey, want to go on the waiting list?" I'm pretty sure I said yes before he got to the end of his question :D

It has all the features I want for my 1st 1911, and none I don't. I too am hoping they come out with a black framed one, and one with a rail.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
It just might be my second.;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Handled one yesterday along with the Springfield basic 1911. The Ruger really felt good. The trigger was crisp at about 4.5-5 lbs. It just felt better than the Springfield all around. Pretty sure there's one in my future.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just ordered mine today. Can't wait for it to arrive. This will be my first 1911 but I've wanted either a stainless steel or satin nickel 1911 for over 30 years. I think Ruger has done an outstanding job making an affordable, good quality 1911 with the features most of us want for a price that doesn't require selling body parts. With all the "out of stock" signs I see posted on web sites that allege to sell them, I think they must have hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Even though I am not really jazzed about the black parts on the stainless pistol...I will probably buy one. the Ruger 1911 is a real steal for what you get.

I would love to see a nice polished blued version...with a bluing job like the Colts. Man....I'd beat a path to the gun store and pre-order one in that trim right now, it it were made.

Thank God that Ruger did not bugger their 1911 up with a full length guide rod, front serrations or a rail. It really has everything you need and nothing you do not....just how I like them.

I just know I will end up with one in the next 6 months or so.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really like this one, my local shop has one for 500.00.
$500. Really? That's awesome, the best price I have read about so far. MSRP is $799, most seem to be going mid to high sixes. I paid $650 on 3 May, because just could not wait. Now, 5 weeks latter, I feel it was worth it even if I paid a bit more than some going for low sixes, high fives. But $500, really?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I really like this one, my local shop has one for 500.00.
Man, that IS a steal! Around here, if you can even find one, they are going for MSRP...and most shops don't have them. I got mine for $650, but only because I've done a lot of business with this particular shop, and he now gives me a discount on whatever I buy. Once the high demand is over, he plans to sell them for $580, but that might be a year or more away...so I didn't want to wait. wait a year to save $70? Maybe a month...but a year? No way!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Its a really nice looking pistol and a steal for what you're getting.

I am not really cool with the black parts on the silver pistol...but I might be able to live with it.

At least they did not put a rail or bobtail on the thing.

- brickboy240

1 - 20 of 23 Posts