Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local gun shop and ordered the XDm .40 compact today. I had the XDm .40 3.8 and I sold it to get the compact, will be able to pick up the compact next friday being I am in MD and have to wait the 7 days. My tactical wilderness belt, pearce grip extension, and my CBST will be in next week as well. I can't wait:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud. I think CB must be running a little behind fight now, as it will be 6 weeks tomorrow, and I was told mine would ship out early next week. Its no big deal though considering I won't have my gun till next friday anyway, which is an odd feeling not having a gun even if it is only a week. Almost feel naked lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
Went to my local gun shop and ordered the XDm .40 compact today. I had the XDm .40 3.8 and I sold it to get the compact, will be able to pick up the compact next friday being I am in MD and have to wait the 7 days. My tactical wilderness belt, pearce grip extension, and my CBST will be in next week as well. I can't wait:D

Traded my XDm .40 3.8 for the compact and my buddies at Minute Man Tactical in Fayetteville, NC gave me an even trade......I was so excited to have the compact that I traded all my handguns for compact models so I have the option to carry concealed or open carry with any of them. Bought the Ruger SR9C too and this is definitely a winner.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks bud. I think CB must be running a little behind fight now, as it will be 6 weeks tomorrow, and I was told mine would ship out early next week. Its no big deal though considering I won't have my gun till next friday anyway, which is an odd feeling not having a gun even if it is only a week. Almost feel naked lol
My good week was a couple weeks ago. Got my CCW from the DMV and my XDm9 compact. So I know how you feel! I can't wait for my CB so I can actually start carrying and feel naked without it haha.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know how you feel as well. I purchased my xdm 45 then had to wait 30 days for my permit to carry. Went and finally picked up my 45 then later that day ordered my 9. Waited only a week for that and then it was here. I would much rather wait a week then a month, it felt like a year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice choice! the 3.8 with 6.5 grip is just silly!!
I agree, but when I purchased I didn't want the full size so that was my only option. Am super stoked for the compact now, given it will be my everyday carry. Plus the compact is both the compact, and the 3.8 all in one. Great job there SA

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Traded my XDm .40 3.8 for the compact and my buddies at Minute Man Tactical in Fayetteville, NC gave me an even trade......I was so excited to have the compact that I traded all my handguns for compact models so I have the option to carry concealed or open carry with any of them. Bought the Ruger SR9C too and this is definitely a winner.
Unfortunately I didn't get an even trade, but I did get what I thought was fair for a trade in value. Obviously if I would have taken the time to sell privately I probably could have gotten more, but I had an idea of what I could get for trade in value, and when we discussed it I tossed out the high end number and they agreed along with knocking about $45 off the gun itself. I feel it was a fair deal all the way around

·
Registered
447 Posts

Who did you order yours from? I just ordered mine from Horst & McCann, outside of BelAir.

BTW, I'm in Elkton.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know how you feel as well. I purchased my xdm 45 then had to wait 30 days for my permit to carry. Went and finally picked up my 45 then later that day ordered my 9. Waited only a week for that and then it was here. I would much rather wait a week then a month, it felt like a year.
Waiting in general just blows lol...I think some small children have more patience then me when it comes to this kind of stuff LMAO. When I want it, and I decide to pull the trigger to get it, then I want it now hahahaha

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who did you order yours from? I just ordered mine from Horst & McCann, outside of BelAir.

BTW, I'm in Elkton.
Thats cool man, I have shot at Horst and Mccann a few times. I went to Ricks gun and pawn down of rte 1. I believe it is rising sun, but may be considered conowingo...They would give me $100 more then anyone locally for my trade, and the only other place that was going to give me what they did was buds gunshop, but obviously I would have had to ship, and pay $45 transfer with them being out of state. Not to mention it would have taken a while before I got my gun considering shipping both ways, and who knows how long it would have taken them to inspect my gun then get my compact out. So I spent about $40 more then the best possible deal, but will get my gun probably 2 weeks quicker, and have alot less headache considering Ricks made the process a breeze.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Waiting in general just blows lol...I think some small children have more patience then me when it comes to this kind of stuff LMAO. When I want it, and I decide to pull the trigger to get it, then I want it now hahahaha
That is exactly how I feel. My wife and co-workers were surely getting sick of hearing about my permit taking so long and my 45 being stuck at the gun shop. Luckily my 9 only took a week. Now I have to deal with the fact that I have had them for almost two weeks and havent had the chance to make it to the range yet. It might get to me soon, I really with the weather would cooperate so I could make it out this weekend.

·
Registered
447 Posts
H&M made ordering and processing very easy. I saw first hand why they are one of the best in the area, even though their prices are a little bit higher than others. But I'll take quality over the dollar any day.

I'm waiting impatiently myself. Luckily its only a week for paperwork, so I should hear something Monday or Tuesday. At least I can go shoot it when it arrives before the paperwork clears.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
H&M made ordering and processing very easy. I saw first hand why they are one of the best in the area, even though their prices are a little bit higher than others. But I'll take quality over the dollar any day.

I'm waiting impatiently myself. Luckily its only a week for paperwork, so I should hear something Monday or Tuesday. At least I can go shoot it when it arrives before the paperwork clears.
Yea Ricks is a little on the higher end, which I knew going in. When she asked my what price range I was looking at for the compact I told her I have been seeing them from $580 and $640, she said that the best they could do was $645. They are great with the paper work, and I know everything was done correctly with my gun being registered out of my name and such. Plus the owner Rick is the one who let me know about the FL CC license, and gave me alot of info on what to do to get it. So I didn't mind paying a little more for there good service, plus I am making out on time, and convienance so it works out for all...

Fortunately I have the gun collectors license so they could start my waiting period right away, instead of waiting for the gun to arrive then start the waiting period. Rick also told me to do that, and gave me all the paper work to send it in. Its free to do, and gives you alot more freedom in MD with transport, and buying guns. Definitely was worth doing

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is exactly how I feel. My wife and co-workers were surely getting sick of hearing about my permit taking so long and my 45 being stuck at the gun shop. Luckily my 9 only took a week. Now I have to deal with the fact that I have had them for almost two weeks and havent had the chance to make it to the range yet. It might get to me soon, I really with the weather would cooperate so I could make it out this weekend.
No indoor ranges near you? I will be shooting next weekend, and probably even next friday right after I pick my compact up lol...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Where are you shooting at? Ommelanden? Or do you belong to one of the local gun clubs?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where are you shooting at? Ommelanden? Or do you belong to one of the local gun clubs?
Last time I shot was at Target Master. When I did my conceal carry class we did our shooting at Ommelanden.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shoot none of these wait times compare to the wait time for my Ravens Concealment Holster, which is a holster for when my light is attached. they are 16 to 18 weeks I believe. I am just over 9 weeks in now, so half way there lol....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts