Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have already upgraded my 4" XD45 (with thumb safety) with the Springer Precision "Reduced Power Trigger Spring" and the Spring Precision "XD Sear". Now I want to reduce my trigger weight pull by putting in different springs. (I dont CCW right now but I want to leave that option open) What springs have you bought to achive this? I would also like to shorten my trigger reset. I'm looking at getting either the Springer Precision XD trigger bar for $60 or getting the PRP "Easy fit over travel stop". If I go with PRP would I also have to get his "striker safety lever? Will either of those make for a shorter trigger reset? If those wont help me shorten my trigger reset what will? Lastly how much fitting would need to be dont on any of this?

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
The Powder River kit will reduce your length of pull and reset. SP also offers a kit to do this as well, but if is a bit more involved to install yourself. There are spring kits from Powder River and Canyon Creek that will reduce your pull weight.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
He has the sear and spring to reduce the weight, so basically all he needs is the over travel stop. The reset would be short if you didn't have the over travel. You can go with the trigger bar, which not only shortens the over travel, but also takes up more of the pre travel and improves the quality of the part, or put in any other stop (PRP stop, drill trigger bar, put screw in frame, ect.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts