Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, its been along time since I posted I wanted to get some input from you guys. I am in the market for another XD looking at a 9mm. I already have a 40 tactical and a 45 tactical. Should I get a 9mm tactical or a service? The wife said to get another tactical. what do you all think.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
go with tactical i say. you already have 2, must have been something you like about tac.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the same reasons. Shooting at range, and sunday bowling pin shoots. And for the Wifey to shoot and to use for home defense

·
Registered
679 Posts
what is the difference between tactical and service...what is the purpose of each..
Tactical means it makes things more dead then a service does. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Personally its up to you. If you think you need all three to be the same then get a tactical. I would change it up and get a XDm 9mm. Way better components to start and it seems the way that Springfield is heading.

·
Registered
855 Posts
If you and your wife are using it only for target/range and home defense I'd say go with the tactical. Should be a bit more accurate than the 4" service model.

That being said, I love my XD-9 Service. It's as accurate as I'll ever need it to be and can be used as a carry gun, too.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I'd go for an XDm 9...

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Service! Go 4"! WHoooooo! ha. jk.

On a serious note, I have the 9 and .45 in 4". Both are more accurate than I am and are easily concealable in the winter months.

I may go for a SC in the summer - if we are still allowed to purchase firearms by then.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well got a call from My gunshop that I use they said that he found both a service and a tactical. I decided to get another tactical. I just like a slightly longer sight plain. Said he will have for me when I come in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts