Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying that I'm not a brand snob as I own Glock, S&W and a few others. After owning a Glock 26 & 19, I decided to try a 23 and see how I liked Glock in 40. Turns out, that I actually prefer my M&P's when it comes to 40 caliber.

That leads me to my XDM9. I found a local guy who wanted to trade my G23 for his XDM9. 9mm is my favorite caliber and I don't own a full-sized 9mm so I jumped on it. The thing was immaculate and still in the box with all factory accessories.

After today's short time spent with the newly acquired XDM9, I am very happy I made the trade. The thing is dead-nuts accurate and shoots very smooth. The grip safety is a non-issue for me as it's very passive. I did notice that the web of my hand near the beaver-tail seemed to rub at the void near the top of the grip safety and frame. Guess I'll get used to it. I'm really excited about having this gun.

It was test fired in Apr-2013 and I wondering if they've made any changes in the gun recently or is there anything I need to be concerned about. I figured probably not since this model has been out for sometime now but thought I'd ask. Thanks for any feedback you provide.

Glad to be part of the XDM club!!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Well, caution, it eats ammo. I mean, blamo, you're at the range and suddenly the 200 rounds you brought is not enough.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ain't that the truth?!? After shooting two mags and realizing I only had 12 rounds left out of a 50 round box......odd feeling.:-D

Love the size of this gun overall. It definitely fills my full size 9mm gun role!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One quick question for y'all who are more familiar it than I am.....

Mine seems to have a pretty long reset and I'm wondering if that's normal. I mean, it resets not too far from the fully extended trigger point. Does that seem right to you?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another successful trip to the range today. This gun is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Not a hint of any hiccups and accurate as all get out. My wife was making those steel targets ring with it too. Coming from the Glock triggers and their reset, it has taken me a little time to become better with the XDM trigger.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lot of fun. Heading out tomorrow again for another range session with my XDM9. It can go through the ammo but it awesome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One thing I noticed on the XDM & XDS line is that my strong hand thumbs tends to rest right on or very near the slide stop. I'm having to adjust my grip some as to not interfere with the slide locking back on an empty mag. The small pin hole toward the rear, behind the slide stop, rubs the web of my hand near my thumb and make shooting a little uncomfy at times. I'm going to get some type of tape to cover ti and all should be well. I thouhgt it was the grip safety at first but that wasn't it.

Surely I'm not the only weenie who's had this happen. Or am I? :oops:

·
Registered
90 Posts
One quick question for y'all who are more familiar it than I am.....

Mine seems to have a pretty long reset and I'm wondering if that's normal. I mean, it resets not too far from the fully extended trigger point. Does that seem right to you?
Thats why a lot of us install Powder River PRP Drop In Trigger kits.
The only thing I didn't like with my XDMc 3.8 was the long pull & reset.
With the Drop in kit it pulls smooth, about 4~4.5lbs and resets very short.
love it…..

·
Registered
390 Posts
Send to to SA and have them put a 4lb trigger job on it!
The problem with this gun, if there is one, is you start shooting with a full 19 round magazine, is you get to wondering when it will run dry.:lol:
Not really a problem though is it?:cool:

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Congrats. I also own glock 19. Mp40 and few others. The Xdm9 is by far my favorite. Added traction grips. Trigger kit and speed sights on order hopefully have this coming weekend :D

Blink and 200 rounds are gone. Def a tack driver and the best feeling gun in my large size hand. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts