Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my Savage 10FCP back from the 'smith and finished my latest 10/22 build, so I decided it was about time to post some pictures!

First the Savage:

Started life as a 10FCP with HS Precision stock. The 'smith recrowned and threaded the barrel for the FSC30 hider/comp, installed a SSS recoil lug and reset headspace, installed the SSS tactical bolt handle, bedded the action, bedded the Farrel scope base, lapped the rings and boresighted the Pride Fowler scope.

I have a date with it at the range tomorrow morning to shoot it for the first time! I can't wait!

The Ruger:

Just a "normal" 10/22 build. Hi-DesertDog 16" spiral fluted, threaded barrel, VQ trigger group, Tuffer Buffer, TPS rings and a Pride Fowler scope.

This one is also unfired, but I will remedy that tomorrow morning as well. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
2 very nice builds! Be sure and post the range report...

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well... The 10/22 got really boring after about 40 rounds through the same ragged hole at 25 yards (CCI Blazer). I moved it out to 50 and got the scope dialed-in. Still one hole, albeit a bit larger than the 25 yard hole. It probably would have been better had the wind not been blowing the target all over the place.

The VQ trigger group is FANTASTIC!

After I got bored with the 10/22, I broke out the Savage. I only took some M80 Ball (147gr FMJ) with me to break-in the barrel because I didn't want to waste the match ammo ($$). It wasn't overly accurate, but I wasn't shooting for groups, the target was waving in the wind and I was doing the whole "shoot one, clean" thing. I shot 20 rounds that way and then started shooting 5 between cleanings for another 40 rounds.

All the cleaning ate-up my range time today, but my next trip to the range will be match ammo only to sight-in the scope at 100 yards. Then I'll move it back to 300 and see what it (I) can do.

All-in-all, a GREAT day at the range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts