Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official the newest sponsor of the Springfield -PMC XD Challenge is Safariland. Makers of the most reknown law enforcement and competition leather in the world. The XD challenge has the cream of the shooting industry supporting it. It will be the richest match that a novice can compete in, in the universe. What other match can you go to supplies almost everything ,You don't have to have a gun,ammo,holster or highly refined shooting skills to win a gun or one of many other great prizes as well as shooting along side of top Pro shooters like Rob Leathem and Michael Voight. Contributors are coming in daily, like the good old days because they reconize that this program is about building the Sport of Shooting and not just the shooting sports. Its about the primary building block "The novice shooter" :) :) :)

[ August 17, 2002, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just added a new contributor to the XD match. Bladetech makers of very fine knives and kydex holsters joins the growing list of big names in the business for the XD match. Some of you might remember Streamlight is a sponsor Well I'm asking them to provide 250 small flashlights one to every competitor and I'll be asking Bladetech to provide the flashlight holsters for them to every competitor as well.
50 days to the big match. This match can't get much sweeter for the novice shooter. Some plans are still in the works for some other contributors will keep you informed.
:p :p :p :p

Final match book now at the printers - still slots available but fewer and fewer every day!! Send contact information now or wait for the next solar eclipse! :p :p :p

[ August 17, 2002, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok all you XDers, don't be the one who has to hear me talk about how much fun I had at the xd match, all the goodies I picked up, and all the great people I met. Ron ( Mr. Twisted ) is putting on a top shelf match for a well drink price. Hell, if you check out Southwest air web site , you can fly to the match for less than a meal at a good scarf and barf. Rooms are cheap and if I get hungry I'm going to bang on Ron's motorhome door with fork in hand. Don't pass this one up because I will rub it in and rub it in and when you think your safe I'll rub it in again. SEE YA IN SO CAL !!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Mr. Twisted,

I am surprised no one else has asked you this question yet:

How is it that Safariland is a sponsor for the match and they don't have any duty rigs available for the XD series guns yet? I think more and more LE would take an interest in XD if they knew it was ALREADY being supported by Safariland, instead of vague promises that "someday" they will "try" to make some products for the XD line.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but to be honest, we have been hearing hype and talk for so long... it doesn't excite me anymore. I want to see products and service from the big makers. The fact that the big guys like Fobus or Safariland would make products for the XD would be a real shot in the arm to make everyone feel good about the future of the XD. Even Blade-Tech, who does make products for the HS2000 line, does not keep any in stock for shipping... they make them on a "as-need" order basis, and they take WAY too long to service their customers. However, ask any gunshop worth it's weight in salt if they carry kydex IWB or duty rigs for Glocks, and chances are very good that they STOCK Blade-Tech products for the Glocks.

I hope that the sponsors for this match will step up to the plate and show their willingness to promote the XD line by sinking a few dollars into stocking up on product ready to support the orders that WILL be coming in once the public knows they are available.

I got your back,

Stephen King

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glock has better than a 10 year head start on the hs 2000/xd , Springfield has only had it about a year and we're now turning heads now. Give it a little time. Every one is still testing the water. LE depts are looking into yhe XD now. Bladetech was at the Steel Challenge and didn't bring a single xd holster,the president of Bladetech, Tim Wegner was there and knows they could of sold at least 4. I don't think the'll make that mistake again.
Sponsor are jumping into the match because were after the novice shooter,potential customers,not the guys that already have everything.
By the way when are you going to sign up? We need all the support we can get.

[ August 19, 2002, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Mr. Twisted,

I appreciate your response to my note. I hope you understand that most of us guys here on the board work for a living, and a trip to Kalifornia from Indianapolis is expensive. I would definitely consider going to a match that I could drive to within a few hours. If/when you guys start having matches in other parts of the country, I think that you will find a lot better response from the working class guys here on the board.

I still find it interesting that so many of the "big guys" are "testing the waters," as you say. Hell, SA has been promoting the XD for a year... that is a LONG time in my opinion to wait on the market before someone jumps in and supports a new product. And remember, it wasn't new when SA got on board.

Like I said before, I have just recently purchased 3 HS2K's and I believe that every gun should have it's own holster. If Mark Waldon was up and running right now, I would buy a nice leather rig from him to thank him for supporting this board. If Blade-Tech didn't have their head up their ass, I would buy at least two kydex rigs from them... one IWB and one belt slide. I also would be buying multiple mag holders. I think that my problem right now is that I am a little pissed off at the big guys for their attitude toward my favorite gun, and their reluctance to embrace the BEST GUN in the world. (In my opinion)

So, it is with chagrin that I have to buy Uncle Mike's soft #15 IWB holsters for now, and I will continue to look for deals on more guns... and maybe someday the "big" guys will act like real businessmen and start providing the accessories that the market is clamoring for. I have money to invest in their products... why won't they invest some money in their own future? I buy SERVICE as much as I buy product when I do business with a company. I had an IWB kydex from Blade-Tech that I bought well over a year ago and loved. The product was excellent. But the service and attitude of these elitist people sucks big time, so I refuse to support them and their bad attitude, regardless of how good their product is.

I guess I am through ranting and raving...

I got your back,

Stephen King

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hey Cujo,

I think Mr.Twisted's deal is that they have a range out in Cali and set up the XD shoot because that is what they do.It is undoubtably a big job putting on an event and rounding up sponsors. I don't think it fair to rag on him simply because he is promoting it in his area.

Some range or SA should do the same thing in the midwest. Perhaps if the west coast XD shoot is successful then SA might get a clue and put on a shoot here.

As for holsters, you might want to try Gunnersally.com they have XD/HS kydex holsters and have pretty good service and reasonable prices. They seemed to go out of their way to make sure that I knew and got what I was ordering. I bought two paddle holsters and am pleased.

BTW-I've been checking air fares and the cheapest for me would be $275.50 round trip from Detroit. Add $100 for the shoot, $120 for 2 nights at a cheap hotel, $120 for a rental car, $50 for food another $50 for incidentals and the grand total would be between $700 & $800 for the weekend. I've never been to LA before so I have no idea what prices out there for car, hotel & food are so the above are estimates. And of course that doesn't account for transportation to or parking at the airport.

[ August 19, 2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: zipgun ]

·
Registered
17 Posts
twisted said ealier that if this match goes well, then he's planning 4 more next year, possibly midwest and/or west coast

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by zipgun:
I don't think it fair to rag on him simply because he is promoting it in his area.
It also isn't fair to expect folks to travel half way accross the country. Or to hound on and try to shame folks into participating.

[ August 19, 2002, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: MarkW ]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by MarkW:
Originally posted by zipgun:
I don't think it fair to rag on him simply because he is promoting it in his area.
It also isn't fair to expect folks to travel half way accross the country. Or to hound on and try to shame folks into participating.
Hey! Get off his case! If do not want to go, or cannot go, just say thank you for the invite and leave it at that. No sense in bitchin' about it. Your not going to change anything. Maybe, after Mr. Twisted's shoot goes off with a bang,(ya like that one? Ha Ha), then maybe he can work on another one somewhere else in the country, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It takes ALOT of work putting one of these together and alot of personal attention. Being based in Kali and trying to put one on in the Mid-Atlantic area would require travel.

Just enjoy this shoot (if you can attend) or wait for the results and critique afterwards. After seeing the promotional material and COF layouts, I think that he has his act together and this will be the beginning of a great series.

[anti-rant rant off]
-Redrum

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Redrum

Thanks for the words,dude. Zipgun if you take the bird I'll cover everything else. You may have to help a little with RO ing and eat and stay in the excutive motor home but it will be fun. The SSA has NEVER turned down a shooter because he was short on coin.
Guys the www. means world wide web and for everyone of you that posts about thousand just read and some of them might sign up if it sounds like a blast. I'm sorry you guys have a little problem with aggressive marketing but if you were gambling $15,000 and a year's worth of work into it, you'd want everyone to know. Don't expect to hear to much for me after the XD match...............until the next one. Twisted out

[ August 19, 2002, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Mr. Twisted,

It appears that I owe you an apology. It seems that some believe that I am "ragging" on you about the match and your promotion of it, and the lack of products in the market for the XD. If I said anything offensive or out of line, I am sorry. I guess I do tend to get a little passionate at times, but I did not mean to put you down or discount all of your hard work.

I got the real impression from your posts that you seem to have some sort of "insider connection" with SA and I thought that by telling you how I felt, the message would somehow trickle down to those at SA and Safariland and BladeTech and other places who need to hear it. You have a gift of gab, and you know how to get people's attention. I figured maybe you could get the attention of Springfield and others and make them see the very great need to become a part of the information age and actually answer legitmate questions people have about their product, instead of the same old run-around that we seem to be getting buckets-full of.

You say that you were the first one to talk about the .357 sig and the drop in barrels and the ported and the tactical, etc. Well I think that if you did a search of past posts, you would see that we have been talking about those things since day one... we just couldn't get HS Arms to listen, and so far we are not having a lot of luck getting SA to listen to us, either. If they listen to you, then God Bless You, brother, and keep up the good work. I just want to see SA respond and actually meet our demands for products and accessories.

Again, I apologize for any misunderstandings... I just feel the need to be heard once in a while, and I thought that while I was talking to you, others would hear and act...

I got your back,

Stephen King

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Mark Waldon,

I caught your reply to Mr. Twisted before you had a chance to edit it. I am wondering why you edited it out. It was a legitimate response. I also noticed the two "smiley-face" responses after my last post... was that just a show of support for my comments or was that a "tongue-in-cheek" review? I do feel for you, guy. As soon as you are up and running, I am DEFINITELY going to buy a leather rig from a fellow Texan. I may be living in Indianapolis now, but I was born and raised in Houston.

Please let the board know when you are ready to resume production... and I will place an order for a holster and matching mag holders. Good luck, bro'...

Stephen King

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Blue Wonder is in. The newest of the XD Challenge sponsors, by the time the match gets here in Oct you'll need a small truck to get your goodies home. We still have some slots left so "lets blue" and then we'll shoot.
Twisted out for now........... By the ways guys how many sponsor and contributors; do we have now ,I've lost count. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[ August 20, 2002, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Originally posted by Mr. Twisted:

. Zipgun if you take the bird I'll cover everything else. You may have to help a little with RO ing and eat and stay in the excutive motor home but it will be fun.
Twisted out
Mr. Twisted,
That's a deal I can't pass up. I emailed you but your address kicked back unk. Check your private mail on this site.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zipgun Your In, A Comp slot is on the way to you as soon as you send me your mailing address at my E-mail [email protected] Make arrangements to fly into Ontario Airport,Ca its only 20mins from the range. Call me on the phone its easier and faster to get things done. 909 594-1525

1 - 20 of 21 Posts