Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a long running love affair with the Makarov PM for many years. Since buying my first East German Mak in the early 90s ( she was all I could afford pistolwise at the time)

Out and about this morning, I picked up the beauty for next to nothing (well under 2 bills) Yeah, she's in the "wrong" caliber but I no longer had a Russian in the gun safe and as the pictures show it is very very clean...

From looking at this picture, I wonder if it had ever been fired...

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
I have a Tok TT-33...now I need to pick up a Mak. Nice find!

·
Registered
40 Posts
That looks nice!! To bad that 380 wasn't easier to get ahold of, and a lil cheaper would help to... Good that you got such a good deal on her!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Russian guns are just cool. The nice price is just a fringe benefit

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how many of them came with adjustable sights?

I thought they just had crude blades on them...
All the Russian made for commercial sales and imported to the US had the adjustable sights. Only the Russian military surplus and the other combloc countries had the fixed sights

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a double stack Russian Mak that I got probably 15 years ago. Simply the most reliable pistol I've ever shot. Put it up dirty, it doesn't care. Those things were built to be abused.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WOW! That gun brought back memories. I HAD one about 10 years ago. I like the fact that it was chambered in the .380acp and was VERY reliable.

The only beef that I had with the gun was the sights. Very bad sights and the rear sight screw on mine would back out and cause accuracy problems. But other than that, It was the most Reliable handgun that I had ever owned.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Any screws that wiggle loose, just a dab of Blue LocTite should take care of that. Most of my grip screws need a dab just as insurance. If my motorcycle needs LocTite, my firearms probably do as well

·
Registered
744 Posts
Can you find a makarov in 7.62x25 anywhere? Or are any of them easy to convert to it?

Highly interested in both the round and the gun.

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
Congratulations! What a nice find.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you find a makarov in 7.62x25 anywhere? Or are any of them easy to convert to it?

Highly interested in both the round and the gun.

Tokarovs are chambered in 7.62x25 not Makarovs... the Makarovwas designed to replace the tok and chambered in 9mm Makarov and later released commercially in the US in .380 to my knowledge that are the only calibers they come in.

dont know that any one makes a 7.62 tokarov or 7.62 browning (32 acp) or a conversion kit for it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts