Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a difference in the frame Hole of my new Tactical vs. my older Service. Whereas the hole used to be a clean half circle it now has a channel that sticks out into the hole the entire length of the grip. I don't have a picture of the new frame since my camera is down but I have drawn in red where this new part is on this existing image of the frame from James site. It's almost like a key. This looks like it would present a problem installing the Old Magwell and the new magwell from coming from Barsto which I'm told uses the hole to mount as well. Anybody else see this on their newer XD's?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just picked up my service yesterday and has what you described. A half-circle protruding channel that runs the length of the grip.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Yea I explain this in a review I am doing on the barsto mag well All the newer frames have two cuts on the rails and the different cut in back of the magwell.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sweet!, so in other words, we now have 2 generations of XD's!

Edit: whats the point in the changes to the bottom of frame

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have noticed this myself!!!!! Took a look tonight and seen it.

info ajames....need info! :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
My sub (bought it about a year ago) has the "new style frame" notch/cutout/protrusion thing. I always thought it was normal.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Is that where ya attach the gas pods for the flame thrower?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts