Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I purchase an XD 40 sub compact essential my first pistol. I was wondering howto get the deal for the 3 magazines and 1 mag pouch. How do I consume it? Any info will help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also im looking forward into buying accessories for my xd40 sub compact such as lasers and clip extensioner to give it a good look. Any suggestions on what add-on i can equip?

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome aboard Kid, from Texas.

XD40sc, have got one, good gun!

Here is the link for getting your free mags. Springfield Armory® Gear Up submission form

I don't recommend lasers, but would suggest getting a good set of triitum night sites of your choice, mounted up. Look to James, our resident Smith, to hook you up. http://www.shop.xd-hs2000.com/

I also run Pearce grips mag. extensions. Pearce Grips

Best of luck. Enjoy responsibly! :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's the gun my wife carries, it's a great gun.
Pearce extenders are the way to go if you can't get your pinky on the grip, but I wouldn't recommend a laser for your first gun. Learn the fundamentals and get used to your gun. Once you have the basics down then you could think about lasers, that way it will be an extra tool in your box and not a crutch. If the laser fails and you don't know proper sight alignment and trigger control you could be SOL when you need it the most.
The only other thing I could recommend is a PRP spring kit to smooth out the trigger. I have one in all of my xd's and it would be the first thing I did to any future ones I get.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes of course thx for the tip. I have shot xd 40 compact its a beast. Now im waiting to get my hands on the sub compact loving the way it feels in my hand cant wait to shoot it. Also, my brother purchase an XD45 compact way lighter than the XD40 compact for some reason but definately want to try it out. Another question, What brand of ammunition i should use and how many rounds to break it in?

·
Premium Member
127,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for making me feel welcome to the Forum! Im coming from California. So did i make a right decision getting into Springfield Armory? Lol So is there anything special i need to know about XD?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Also im looking forward into buying accessories for my xd40 sub compact such as lasers and clip extensioner to give it a good look. Any suggestions on what add-on i can equip?
Welcome to the wonderful world of XD. The XD40SC is a fine gun and will serve you well. As for accessories, I recommend 10 boxes of practice ammo. When those are all gone, you will know your gun backwards and forwards and you will have a good idea of that you want to change out.

"Good look" isn't what you need in a self defense sidearm. Reliability and accuracy are most important.

The "best" gun is the one YOU like, not anyone else. It will be a compromise of:

1. Fit - It should fit in your hand like you were born with it there.
2. Reliability - It should go BANG about 99.8% of the time you pull the trigger.
3. Accuracy - In YOUR hand. It's how well YOU shoot it.
4. Concealability - It should be comfortable enough to wear and easy enough to conceal so you won't leave it laying on the dresser at home.
5. Cost - You don't want to scrimp on your "life protector" weapon, but you probably don't need a $1,000 Kimber, either.
6. Enjoyment - The caliber and gun should be fun to shoot. If it isn't, you won't practice with it like you should.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of XD. The XD40SC is a fine gun and will serve you well. As for accessories, I recommend 10 boxes of practice ammo. When those are all gone, you will know your gun backwards and forwards and you will have a good idea of that you want to change out.

"Good look" isn't what you need in a self defense sidearm. Reliability and accuracy are most important.

The "best" gun is the one YOU like, not anyone else. It will be a compromise of:

1. Fit - It should fit in your hand like you were born with it there.
2. Reliability - It should go BANG about 99.8% of the time you pull the trigger.
3. Accuracy - In YOUR hand. It's how well YOU shoot it.
4. Concealability - It should be comfortable enough to wear and easy enough to conceal so you won't leave it laying on the dresser at home.
5. Cost - You don't want to scrimp on your "life protector" weapon, but you probably don't need a $1,000 Kimber, either.
6. Enjoyment - The caliber and gun should be fun to shoot. If it isn't, you won't practice with it like you should.

^^This^^ well said sir...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome. I'm also a new member on this forum. The XD sub 40 was my first XD. It is my primary carry gun. I also have your brother's gun. I've shot everything out of my 40, including my reloads, and have never had a glitch. My SD ammo is 165 gn Speer Gold Dot HPs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome. I carry federal HST for my carry ammo as you get 50rds for the price of 20 vs other Home defense ammo. I carry 45 but had a 40SC and loved it. +1 on the sights and James the resident Smith.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts