Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Just purchased a new XD-45 and have a few questions. I read somewhere on the web that a test was done comparing the XD-45 with a Glock 21 in a 300 round quick fire test and they concluded that when the XD-45 got hot it started losing accuracy and the glock did not. This was not a glock forum, and as far as I could tell, it was not a pro or con Glock site. Anyone had this issue?
Next, Is anyone using the XD-45 in IDPA competitions and do you have any advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If we were talking a rifle at 100 yrds or better i can see this. But a pistol at short ranges, with the short length of barrel... That would be reaching.
I have shot 300 rnds in a short period of time and did not notice any change in point of impact.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Hello all, Just purchased a new XD-45 and have a few questions. I read somewhere on the web that a test was done comparing the XD-45 with a Glock 21 in a 300 round quick fire test and they concluded that when the XD-45 got hot it started losing accuracy and the glock did not. This was not a glock forum, and as far as I could tell, it was not a pro or con Glock site. Anyone had this issue?
Next, Is anyone using the XD-45 in IDPA competitions and do you have any advice? Thanks.
sniff, sniff...... hmmmmmm.......???

·
Registered
485 Posts
The rifleing in the G21 is differant than the XD45. I noticed that some of the other .45ACP manufacturers are useing the same polygonal (spelling?) rifleing in their guns. The new HK45 uses the polygonal rifleing as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts