Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to AR's and the likes. I want a semi-auto AR or M4. I have seen several kits to build these, and it seems like it would be a great project. Can anyone recommend a quality kit or manufacturer for me to check out? Also, how does it work? do i need to ship FFL or is that only for the lower receiver?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would check out CMMG: CMMG, Inc

Thats who i bought my "kit" from. I have little to no experience with the AR, but they have a great reputation on this forum as well as others. The only part that needs to be shipped to a FFL is the lower reciever. All other parts can be shipped to you directly

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Stag makes quality kits as well and they can be shipped directly to your front door

the lower receiver must be shipped to a FFL holder and transferred to you

STAG
CMMG
RRA

all make good quality kits that are of high quality, not the highest but more than acceptable and they offer excellent warranties and customer service.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
we wanted him to know that you were right about the FFL going to the Lower think of it as confirmation:razz:
You only need FFL for the lower receiver, everything else can be shipped straight to your door. CMMG, RRA, and Stag are good.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You only need FFL for the lower receiver, everything else can be shipped straight to your door. CMMG, RRA, and Stag are good.

Did we happen to mention that the Lower needs to be shipped to an FFL license holder but everything else can be shipped to your door.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Did we happen to mention that the Lower needs to be shipped to an FFL license holder but everything else can be shipped to your door.
Oh shoot... good point! That's a pretty important detail that was nearly overlooked. I'm glad to see you've got my back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts