Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry if this has been covered already. Can I put a side folder on a Saiga rifle? How can I make the hand guard/barrel look more like an AK ?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes, there are many options for side folders for your Saiga.
From a E German or Romy wire folder, to an ACE LTD. to an AK 100 series Polymide.

For the AK military style handguard, you wiil have to get a handguard retainer and gas tube.... along with the upper & lower handguard.
You would have to take the front sight & gas block off the barrel, for this installation.

If you don't want to take off the front sight & gas block, Dinzag arms sells a handguard retainer that bolts on and is held with a set screw to barrel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used one of these on my last conversion, a 5.45 Saiga, and was very happy with it. It is machined steel and very strong, and only $30-40, depending on finish. I got the $30 one and cold-blued it.

Saiga 5.45 (IZ-240) conversion log: mechanical

Akfiles.com has a Marketplace, register, and look for good used parts there if you want (gas tube, hand guards, etc.)

·
Registered
80 Posts
...and love it. It's not so Sensitive like many others of its kind. If ever truly "needed" for HD, I can count on it!! Plus, supor fun to plink with, and can shoot .223 or 5.56..

Enjoy!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts