Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Not dumb! :wink:

It depends on a few things. I don't notice a big difference in my 9mm, but my neighbor that just bought his own XD in 9mm notices. He hasn't hit me up for a rod yet but I have a few cosmetic flaws on hand that I'll provide for him (he'll have to buy his own damn spring).

I feel a greater difference with my XD40. It seems to tame muzzle flip quite a bit for me with the .40 cal.

To counter my own perceptions, many seem to like a lighter spring in their pistol or no change at all. I think that the whole recoil thing is the sum of many "springs" if you will. The recoil spring is one of them, your grip strength is another, your body mass is one (but tempered by how firm your arms are in relation to your body). The final feel is how all of these "springs" work together and what you are looking for.

Also..PM sent

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Also be aware that there have been a few reports of failing to cycle completely using a 22# spring. I personally prefer the 20#. Its enough that I notice the difference but not so much that aI notice any difference in how hard it is to rack the slide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts