Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchsed an XD9 Bitone last week. This purchase was against my better judgement as I had only shot a total of 3 handguns in my life: 38 special, Beretta .40 S&W, and a 9mm back when I was very young (<13). I had never shot an XD before, so I was a little timid.

Fast forward...

I do not know all the correct terminology, but I'm glad I purchased the XD9. It felt great in my hands. Not bulky at all, light recoil compared to the Beretta .40 and .38 sp revolver. The gun felt very controlled and I am much more confident about shooting it. Let's just say I went through a WWB in about 15 minutes because I was pacing myself :D. I put a total of 130 rounds through the gun. I shot from about 10 yards. Put everything on the paper, and even began to group some shots by the end. I didn't feel embarrassed about my shooting because the I bought this gun for one purpose: self defense. If I got into a gun fight where I was so far away that I couldn't hit the target, that's a good sign because by that time I could probably run away unscathed.

Overall, I'm very happy. I purchased the 9mm version after reading some info on this site. Thanks everyone. Be safe :).

Ryan

R

·
0 Posts
welcome to the jungle

Dont worry young grasshopper, the groups will get tighter

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
You made a good decision in buying an xd. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Actually if you know someone with a XD40 shoot it. You will be surprised. I carry a Beretta 92 (9mm) at work and my XD40 has less recoil than the 92. With these composite framed guns the barrel rides lower in the frame and makes recoil much better. But to each his own and congrats on getting an XD 9, 40 OR 357.

TOMBO

·
Registered
200 Posts
I picked up my xd9 subby back in August. I've been shooting all my life and didn't care how well I did until recently. (I started paying for my own ammo) Before the XD I was shooting a Ruger Mark II and a little ruger SP101 regularly. The Mark II was too heavy for my liking and I just couldn't shoot the SP101 well.

Based on the recommendations that I got at the time, I was going to buy either a glock or an XD. Since I planned for this to be my first carry gun, I thought I'd be more comfortable with the XD due to it's grip safety. Bought one at a gun show without ever shooting or handling one.

Took it out to the range and in the first few shots knew I loved this gun. It felt so good in my hand and was just comfortable to shoot. I actually shot much better with this gun on my first 10 rounds then I ever had with my Mark II or SP101.

So now I'm hooked and I need to come up with the funds for a tactical. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

UD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts