Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put about 300 rounds through my new XD-40 and I have been having issues with the slide not locking back after the last shot. I have used 165 gr. Blaser FMJ and the Remington Mega Pack FMJ ( sorry, i dont now the gr. size). The problem seems to be happening about 2 out of every 5 times. Any suggestions would be great, I am new to handguns. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I sometimes have the same problem because of my grip. I shoot with thumbs high, and sometimes my right thumb barely touches the slide release. All it takes is a little bit of pressure, and the slide won't lock back. May not solve your problem, but perhaps something to look for?

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Seems to me that somebody once posted that the lips of your mag might also need tweaking. Might be bent a little the wrong way.

Might also be "limp wristing", that is not holding the gun tight enough for the springs to fully kick the slide back.

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if there was a Q and A area that had info like this?? You could just go there and look up your problem and , poof, there is your answer/s.
I guess this is my rant on having a dedicated Q and A area that is locked, you can only look up info.
sorry for going off topic.

If that does not help, let us know.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I've had that problem, and it's always been my thumb placement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I think i was just hitting the slide release with my thumb. I just tweaked my grip a bit and it hasn't happened again, Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Oh man.

You need to trade that 40 in on a glock.:wink:

-Dana

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
tec said:
Seems to me that somebody once posted that the lips of your mag might also need tweaking. Might be bent a little the wrong way.

Might also be "limp wristing", that is not holding the gun tight enough for the springs to fully kick the slide back.

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if there was a Q and A area that had info like this?? You could just go there and look up your problem and , poof, there is your answer/s.
I guess this is my rant on having a dedicated Q and A area that is locked, you can only look up info.
sorry for going off topic.

If that does not help, let us know.
I just checked. Look like you can add to the FAQ if you want to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts