Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm a newbie to the pistol world. I just recently purchased and XD 40 tactical, and have been reading alot of posts here on all the products for it.

I would like to get a better trigger pull than stock. Is this possible? I know a Glock is real easy to change this.

I would also like to get a good set of night sights, and from what I've read Trijicon is the best, so is that the route to go?

Also thinking of doing the Don's Guide rod with a 22# Wolfe Spring, is this worth the effort?

·
Premium Member
5,749 Posts
Welcome to HS/XD world. There are no drop in trigger kits (at this time) for the XD, but it can worked to suit your needs. Contact Rich at Canyon Creek for your trigger work:
http://www.canyon-creek.com/

Don's guide rod will give you a little more weight at the muzzle end. I stuck with the factory 18lb spring for factory ammo. The .40 Tac recoil is very managable.

Nothing wrong with the trijicons.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the replies. I just dropped Rich and email seeing what he could do to improve the trigger pull.

Other than what I have mentioned so far, what other things have all you other XD owners done to improve upon your XDs.

Right now I am getting some real nice groups with mine, but I am consitently shooting about 2" left. At first I was hitting 2" left and 2" high with the 6 o'clock sight picture. I've only put around 250 rounds thru it so far.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
It means that you are not using enough trigger finger or your finger is too short. The trigger is not pulled straight back and is pushed a bit by your trigger finger to the side that the shots are going. Use the middle of the last pad of your trigger finger and squeeze gently until the gun goes off, see if this corrects it. Proper trigger control is very important and once you masterit you will shoot great. Just keep practicing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome abord rambo. Great movie too and nice choice for your name. Alot and I mean alot of great info around here and some sick and twisted humor too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rambo has been my nickname ever since I discovered firearms at a young age during the Era of the first Rambo movie. Also it is real close to my last name so it kinda stuck with me my whole life. I need to get some videos uploaded, all my videos are of deer being shot, or honkers being shot though.....Do have a few of my AR15 blowing up some pumpkins and other misc stuff though :twisted:

·
Registered
768 Posts
side joke:
:?: what do you get if you cross rambo with rock hudson? :?:

rambutt!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts