Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys newbie here like the topic says im about to purchase my first hand gun all my friends have SA and i love shooting them great pistols my question is what is the difference between the xd tactile 45 apc and just the regular xd 45 apc i was looking at getting the tactile

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
hello guys newbie here like the topic says im about to purchase my first hand gun all my friends have SA and i love shooting them great pistols my question is what is the difference between the xd tactile 45 apc and just the regular xd 45 apc i was looking at getting the tactile

I think you mean tactical and the difference between that and the XD45 service, which is the "regular" XD45, is the Tactical has a 5in barrel, and the service has a 4in barrel.

Forgot, welcome to the forum, and enjoy your XD45, I love mine

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome and good luck w/ your choice...:)

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Just to make things a little more difficult, I'd suggest the XD45 Compact 5in, the option of the shorter mags for carry is nice. My XD45 4in is the compact, and it is awesome

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ditto on the XD Compact .45ACP.

The nice thing about it is that you get 4" barrel for the accuracy, and they ship with a 10 round compact mag, and a 13 round extended mag that turns the pistol's grip into a full service length handle.

Get it quick though, so you can take advantage of the "GearUP" promotion where springfield will send you 3 extra mags and a extra mag holster for free.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to make things a little more difficult, I'd suggest the XD45 Compact 5in, the option of the shorter mags for carry is nice. My XD45 4in is the compact, and it is awesome
may have to look into the XD45 Compact 5inch i was looking for a home defense/range gun since i dont have concealed weapons permit and cant carry it with me since California sucks on its gun laws

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
may have to look into the XD45 Compact 5inch i was looking for a home defense/range gun since i dont have concealed weapons permit and cant carry it with me since California sucks on its gun laws
UGH Kalifornia, look at the XD45C anyway, it's nice to have the option of carry, because, who knows, Cali may become enlightened, or you might move some day

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
When you look for HD ammo, I suggest Winchester PDX1. From experience they feed 100% reliably in my XD45c

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
How about the federal Hydra shocks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Hydra shoks are OK, but they are an older generation hollow point, and newer hollow points are quite a bit better performance-wise. Personally, I would go with a newer hollow point.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hydra shoks are OK, but they are an older generation hollow point, and newer hollow points are quite a bit better performance-wise. Personally, I would go with a newer hollow point.
Thanks for the info will by those rounds you told me about

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Thanks for the info will by those rounds you told me about

No problem. Just remember, see what works well for you, try a couple types of Hollowpoints, see which you like the best. I like the PDX1, but I've also had good success with Bonded Golden Sabers and Hornady TAP. I stuck with the PDX1 because for me the worked the best, and they have good ratings from the FBI tests

1 - 18 of 18 Posts