Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone would be so kind, I would like to see a pic of an xds 4.0 with 7 round mag with pinkie extension.

I've held one with the 9 round mag, but would like to see the short mag with extension.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!
Im really liking this pistol. I am going to try to shoot one soon.
My pocket carry is an LC9, but it is pushing it size wise. If the 3.3 works, I'll get it for pocket carry and the 4.0 for the hip.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Thanks!
Im really liking this pistol. I am going to try to shoot one soon.
My pocket carry is an LC9, but it is pushing it size wise. If the 3.3 works, I'll get it for pocket carry and the 4.0 for the hip.
I have the XDS 3.3 and my wife has the LC9. Just to let you know, size wise, they are about the same. In fact, the LC9 is just a little shorter. The height of the LC9 is just a little more if you don't have the pinky extension on the XDS mag. But the real difference is in the trigger. I'll take the XDS trigger everyday and twice on Sundays. That makes me much more accurate with the XDS than with the LC9.

Oh, and welcome from North Carolina.

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I have the XDS 3.3 and my wife has the LC9. Just to let you know, size wise, they are about the same. In fact, the LC9 is just a little shorter. The height of the LC9 is just a little more if you don't have the pinky extension on the XDS mag. But the real difference is in the trigger. I'll take the XDS trigger everyday and twice on Sundays. That makes me much more accurate with the XDS than with the LC9.

Oh, and welcome from North Carolina.
+1 on the trigger difference. The LC9 is pretty gritty compared to the buttery smoothness of the XDS trigger.

But if you're a big enough guy, check into the 5.11 Tactical holster t-shirt. I carry an XDM 4.5 in one and it practically disappears. Just for kicks I slipped an XDS in the holster while at my lgs one day, and it was like it wasn't even there.

And welcome to the forum from southern MN!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here's a pic of my XDs 4.0 in 9mm cal I just recently bought at a local gunshow. Hope it helps you out to get a better idea with it on. My pinkie just catches half on the stock base. It feels good with it on and doesn't really add much when carrying.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts