Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Bi-tone XD sub and now want to add night sights. My problem is that the sights aren't numbered like Sigs and mine shoots quite high. Its not too bad with a six o'clock hold but I've never liked this poa in a combat handgun. Is there any sight option out there for me to be able to use a direct aiming/bullet impact sight? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm not sure if I completely follow you, but if you want new sights any Sig #8 sight will fit an XD. Also try and shoot benchrest first and look at the POA to see if it is you or the gun. hope this helps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I too don't care for 6 o'clock POA. I am considering adjustable sights for my tactical since it will be a game gun not carry.

As suggested try to shoot from a rest and make sure you are shooting the load and bullet weight you want the sights tweaked for. Once you have done this determine the distance to target, how high the grouping is and your sight radius. I have a formula someplace that calculates the dimension you need to change the sight height (I'll look for it and post it).

Once you have this dimension add or subtract (depending on which sight you are changing - front or rear) this from or to the existing sight.

Example: if the value is .035 and you are shooting high, the current front sight is .165 then you need a .200 front sight.

I do not know what the numbers on the Sig sights mean in dimensions but surely someone does.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here is the formula for adjusting sights that someone in another forum gave me. Sorry I can't give him the credit because I don't remember who it was.

To determine the correct sight height to correct an elevation problem, multiply the sight radius, in decimals by the elevation error and then divide the results by the distance to the target, in inches.

Sight radius 5 3/4" = 5.75
Shooting 5 inches low
Distance to target 25 feet or 300 inches

(5.75*5)/300 = .095833333.................3

The front sight would have to be lowered .096 or the rear sight raised that amount (or a combination there of) to raise the point of impact.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't know if it's your cup of tea or not, but I ordered the speed ring night sights from Ameriglo. It's just a ghost ring in the back with a green tritium dot for night use, and a standard tritium front sight. I love this type of sight but like I said it may or may not be your cup of tea. If it is though they are only 49 bucks on sale right now at their website :) . Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts