Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I ordered the Promo Pack (XD40 pistol, 3 high cap mags, holster, brush) NIB from online dealer $419 + 15 shipping + 37 transfer fee= $471!!! Ordered it last Thursday morning, the local gun range received it Sunday. I signed paperwork Sun and shot 150 rds of WWB 180 grn (the WWB was $15/50rnds at the gun range). Had to keep the XD40 at range for 3 day cooling off period. Checked around 4 Wal Marts for WWB but all gone, I did find 100 rnds of Rem UMC for $14, got that. Went to range Wednesday shot all the Rem UMC's flawlesslly. On way home (with my new XD40!) stopped at a different Wal Mart, they had 4 boxes WWB 165 grn, "100 rnd value pack." $15.97/100 rnds, got those!!! I haven't shot 165 grn yet, I'm hoping there'll be a noticeably smaller recoil. Can't wait to try 'em!!!
I'm going to try to put a picture of my Promo Pack in this post, sorry if it does't come out correctly, I'm new to this forum stuff.
Maybe someone can tell me how to post pictures.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'd move your allen wrench for your holster adusting to another spot, mine ended up scratching the nose of the slide. I put mine in the upper lid under the foam. It's a great gun, I've only shot wwb 165 and tap 155 in mine so far. Got about 600 down range so far. Just installed Don's guide rod and 22# spring in the last 175 rnds. and noticed a quicker return to sight picture, not much change in recoil, but different, slower and a little less raise. I have to try the 180's to see if the poi is any different and recoil also. Your pics came out great!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tip about the allen wrench.
last night I modified (cut out) some of the foam in the case to allow for the 3rd mag, hearing protection, and safety glasses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey gdpak,

WOW that was a great price! I pick up my XD40-5" on Tuesday ($485 stnrd package). Can't wait! I picked up a box of 250 (UMC) from Outdoor World for $46 + tax. BTW I live in St. Cloud. Where do you shoot at?

P.S. You going to the Gun Show at the Fairgrounds over Thanksgiving weekend?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in a small area called Cambell City which is about 5 miles south of 192 on 17. There's a gun shop called Addisons just half mile down from our house. My wife and I wanted to buy the gun there to support the local shop but they wouldn't come down from their $530 + tax price.

I had the gun shipped to Oakridge Gun Range, just above the florida mall, for two reasons, 1. they only charged $37 for transfer fee and background check, and 2. shipping it too a range means I could shoot it even though I couldn't take it home for the cooling off period. So far that's the closest place I know to shoot.

Does "woodwerker" have a meaning? My wife's family bussiness is right next door to our house "WOODCRAFT," it's a speacial millwork shop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know where your at (Cambell City). My Brother in Law got a Browning gun safe from Addison. Thanksgiving weekend there will be a gun show at the Central Florida Fairgrounds on SR50 in Orlando. I'm gonna take the CWP class and then get my paper work going for it. After that I won't have to wait for 3 days. 8) And Yes I have heard of your wife's family shop. I used to work for a couple of local shops........no longer in business. ( Classic Wood Products and Chiavini Cabinets ) And I was a cabinet maker for Disney. Now I'm a superintendant for a commercial contractor in Orlando. We should get together and go shooting sometime. I was looking into the Central Fla. Gun Club off Moss Pk. rd. Usually we just shooting a a bud's house who live out on 192 towards Hollo Paw. We print up our own targets and stuff LOL. We shoot skeet out there too. Not like a proffesional range ...........but we have fun. Later dude.

This is my e-mail
[email protected]

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have ridden atv's out in Holopaw and came across a makeshift range, but never shot any guns there. Holopaw isnt to far away from me, might have to go back out to that range sometime and shoot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts