Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I willl say, this is a good forum and i am slowly learning about my XD. I will be heavely using this Forum to seek advice. I purchased an XD 9mm SC model XD9801sp06 and will be picking it up in a couple of weeks. This is my first handgun that I have owned and I have an CCW permit.
Before I purchace my first box of ammo, I plan on taking on the following class

Topics covered:
  • Firearm safety
  • Action types, gun designs, how to operate various safeties
  • Loading and unloading
  • Integrated act of firing
  • Safe storage
Basic Handgun Safety & Responsibility: "InSights Training"
In this class you will learn to handle handguns safely, load and unload them properly, shoot accurately, understand the laws concerning their use and ownership, and make a more informed decision as to whether they want to own a firearm.
Basic Handgun Safety & Responsibility should be considered a minimum for anyone who owns a firearm or lives in a household that has firearms. Teenagers are welcome if attending with an adult.
  • Gun Safety - The proper way to handle a handgun, loading and unloading a gun safely, and storage of firearm in the home
  • Marksmanship - The proper way to hold a gun, aligning the sights, and pressing the trigger
  • Familiarization with Different Types of Handguns - Students will be able to shoot a variety of handguns in different calibers (both semi-automatics and revolvers)
  • Handgun Maintenance - Disassembly, cleaning, and safe storage
  • Washington State Law - Ownership and possession, transportation, and concealed carry permits
  • Justifiable Self Defense - When is a gun legal to use in self defense, use-of-force considerations, dealing with the police after a self-defense confrontation.
If there is something that I am forgetting, please let me know and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome from Orlando! I am getting that same pistol because of this forum! When I was researching this forum came up at the top of Google so I figured to check it out, been on here almost everyday since. There is a wealth of info on here.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just joined today too and also in Washington. Looks like your on the Wetside though as I'm on the other side of the mountains. Love my XDm and the site looks awsome.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Colorado

Also have the same gun and love it

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome to XDTalk!

It looks like you'll benefit a lot from the topics covered in your training.

Good luck:D

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats on picking up a great pistol and welcome to the forum...:)

·
Premium Member
23,668 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello from Texas