Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I willl say, this is a good forum and i am slowly learning about my XD. I will be heavely using this Forum to seek advice. I purchased an XD 9mm SC model XD9801sp06 and will be picking it up in a couple of weeks. This is my first handgun that I have owned and I have an CCW permit.
Before I purchace my first box of ammo, I plan on taking on the following class

Topics covered:
  • Firearm safety
  • Action types, gun designs, how to operate various safeties
  • Loading and unloading
  • Integrated act of firing
  • Safe storage
Basic Handgun Safety & Responsibility: "InSights Training"
In this class you will learn to handle handguns safely, load and unload them properly, shoot accurately, understand the laws concerning their use and ownership, and make a more informed decision as to whether they want to own a firearm.
Basic Handgun Safety & Responsibility should be considered a minimum for anyone who owns a firearm or lives in a household that has firearms. Teenagers are welcome if attending with an adult.
  • Gun Safety - The proper way to handle a handgun, loading and unloading a gun safely, and storage of firearm in the home
  • Marksmanship - The proper way to hold a gun, aligning the sights, and pressing the trigger
  • Familiarization with Different Types of Handguns - Students will be able to shoot a variety of handguns in different calibers (both semi-automatics and revolvers)
  • Handgun Maintenance - Disassembly, cleaning, and safe storage
  • Washington State Law - Ownership and possession, transportation, and concealed carry permits
  • Justifiable Self Defense - When is a gun legal to use in self defense, use-of-force considerations, dealing with the police after a self-defense confrontation.
If there is something that I am forgetting, please let me know and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome from Orlando! I am getting that same pistol because of this forum! When I was researching this forum came up at the top of Google so I figured to check it out, been on here almost everyday since. There is a wealth of info on here.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Colorado

Also have the same gun and love it

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome to XDTalk!

It looks like you'll benefit a lot from the topics covered in your training.

Good luck:D

·
Premium Member
25,822 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello from Texas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.